Pages

▼

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Morning Prayer

Image result for psalm 143



This morning, I continued reading in 2 Corinthians.  I am just being honest when I say nothing leapt off the page in those chapters this morning. And I was struggling because I so wanted the words to jump out at me.  Sometimes, they don't.  That's just pure fact.  

So, I turned to writing in my prayer journal. Talk to God about some struggles in our family.  At the bottom of each page is a scripture.  The scripture from today's page came from Psalm 143.  It jumped at me as it was what my heart is feeling this morning.  

So, I turned to Psalm 143 and it became the rest of my prayer this morning.  Here it that prayer. 

Psalm 143


A psalm of David.

1 
Lord, hear my prayer,
    listen to my cry for mercy;
in your faithfulness and righteousness
    come to my relief.
2 
Do not bring your servant into judgment,
    for no one living is righteous before you.
3 
The enemy pursues me,
    he crushes me to the ground;
he makes me dwell in the darkness
    like those long dead.
4 
So my spirit grows faint within me;
    my heart within me is dismayed.
5 
I remember the days of long ago;
    I meditate on all your works
    and consider what your hands have done.
6 
I spread out my hands to you;
    I thirst for you like a parched land.[a]
7 
Answer me quickly, Lord;
    my spirit fails.
Do not hide your face from me
    or I will be like those who go down to the pit.
8 
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
    for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
    for to you I entrust my life.
9 
Rescue me from my enemies, Lord,
    for I hide myself in you.
10 
Teach me to do your will,
    for you are my God;
may your good Spirit
    lead me on level ground.
11 
For your name’s sake, Lord, preservemy life;
    in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble.
12 
In your unfailing love, silence my enemies;
    destroy all my foes,
    for I am your servant.


 The highlighted verse was the one that was in my prayer journal.  I'm so thankful this morning for the honesty of David.  Sometimes I can just feel his heart.   This morning his prayer has become my prayer. Maybe you need this prayer this morning, too? 


No comments:

Post a Comment