Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Moments......{1.3.13}

 Because I like to look back at what we have done.....
Because I like to journal our lives......And because I want to improve my photography skills......
I think I will continue to do my InstaFriday posts in 2014 
because I take loads of pics that end up on Instagram.
But, this year I am going to join the Catch The Moment Project 365.
And because it would be too complicated for me to do two different posts....
{and possibly you don't want to see two different posts a week of pictures from me},  
I'm going to combine the two. 
Maybe I will be disciplined enough to get two shots a day -- one from my DSLR and one Instagram shot.  OR maybe not, but I can dream.  Maybe I should just shoot for a picture a day from whatever mode I can get it. =)

I can't wait to be able to look back over time -- in 2015 or in 5 years from now and see the moments in our lives that I captured on my DLSR or Iphone.  
So, here goes.......

12.29.13 - Sunday..... always busy. Church, of course..... then home.  
 A shot of my Christmas Tree that I am still reluctant to take down......
maybe tomorrow. Or Monday.  


12.30.13 - Monday....We did some house cleaning and hung out at home.  Enjoying our last couple of days of Christmas Break.....We watched one of our favorite movies as a family......


12.31.13 - Tuesday.....a bunch of Instagram shots on New Year's Eve......

Brady and our tree.....things like this make it so hard to take it down.

 We went down to Lake Wylie to visit our friends the Walsers for part of Tuesday.
A grand time was had by all.


Allie had a sleepover on New Year's Eve.
So, after we dropped her off the rest of us celebrated by going to Sonic for supper.....
and then staying up until midnight.
Well, most of us anyways. Brady didn't last that long.....

They were so proud of themselves....


1.1.14 - Wednesday...... We hung out at home and did some cleaning and not much else.....
My kiddo's on the first day of the  year.....


and our supper on New Year's Day.
I am not superstitious, but I do like traditions..... yummo!


1.2.13 - Thursday..... it was back to school for everyone and  this little boy woke up on Thursday morning and came in my room while it was still dark.  
He pointed at his right eye and said "This eye is smaller than this eye (pointing to his left)."
We have no idea how he got a puffy eye, but he says that maybe he fell off the bed.


Yesterday morning, Brady also pulled this out of a bag that was still sitting under the Christmas tree.
It was a Christmas present to me and Ken from him.
Even a week late, I love the snowman he painted for us. 


1.3.14 - Friday....Today, I worked some, got my nails done, did some house work and am about it go work at our youth center for the evening.  
I was practicing my focus with my DSLR for a bit late this afternoon.....
This is a shot of the field beside our house.....



OH, and my 1920's vintage replica shoes came.
I love them so much and cannot wait to wear them!!


So, those are the moments from my last week.
What have you been up to?
I can't wait to see!   

Linking up at Life Rearranged.....


life rearranged





Click It Up A Notch
;

7 comments:

the naptown organizer said...

Nice to meet you as well! Your tree is gorgeous!

jaime said...

The tree is so pretty! The puffy eye! OUCH!!

twinkietotmom said...

Your tree was so pretty! & your kids are adorable.

Abby said...

Your tree is beautiful! I love how it's so full of lights! The picture of your kiddos in the snow hats is so adorable. :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you're having a great weekend!

xo Always, Abby

MJ @ Daisy & June said...

So fun! Im looking forward to another mommy with as many kids as me to see you catch them all! Also i just adore your blog design <3

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

I just adore that snowman!

Diana, Down Home Traveler said...

Love the shot of the field!