Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Card Photo Shoot

When we went to Georgia for Thanksgiving, my sister asked me to bring my camera and take some pics of her boys for her.
I do not even pretend to be professional but a good camera goes a long way.
SO, we worked really hard to get some pictures.

This is my favorite of my nephews.
Aren't they cute?

My favorite of my kiddo's on this stairs at my Mom's house.


Then we TRIED to get some of the 6 of them together......



We then headed outside.
My posers had a great time.....

We thought we'd try all 6 kids outside......it didn't go very well either.....


SO, we tried the "walking" pics.....

I did like these.....

And Morgan, my sister's dog, jumped in, too....

The twins had had it.
SO, I tried to get a jumping picture of my kids.....

I always love the looks on their faces....lol





Last year, I saw this funny card about a silent night and worked to recreate it.
Before anyone gets upset, my kids really aren't tied into those lights.....they could've stepped out.

I really like this one, even though I didn't use it on the card --
Brady is pulling the lightly placed tape (because I didn't want it to hurt when we pulled it off) 
and Lillie has her mouth open and she is talking under the tape. 
Just look how mischievous they look....

Here is the final version of our Christmas Card.....
front.......
I hope everyone get's the joke. =)
My kids are at ages where they argue and fuss and fight a LOT.
So, for a silent night....this would need to happen. ;)  

The back.......

I have to admit that getting pictures this year wasn't as stressful as it has been in the past.  
The kids were up for our funny card and we did that part in about 5 shots one evening.  

It is Christmas Eve  as I write this blog post.  If your Christmas Eve is anything like mine, it is FULL of things to get done.  I am headed down to get some exercise now (not as much as I would like because of time constraints -- but at least I will get some today) and then to get started on my endless to -do list which includes going out (GROAN) to get some last minute stocking stuffers, preparing for our breakfast in the morning ( making homemade cinnamon rolls and a breakfast casserole so that all I have to do is bake them in the morning), wrapping gifts, and much more.  Then, our church will have 3 Christmas Eve services tonight. Hubs, of course, will be leading the last two and will be part of the first.  The kids and I will  attend the first two.......I love Christmas Eve services.  
Christmas Eve has always been special to me. 
It is my birthday.  
Today is my 40th birthday.
And what better way to spend my birthday than celebrating the one who gave me life
 (in more than one way)!!

Happy Christmas Eve, friends!!  


No comments: