Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 - Looking Back.....

In 2013........

We did a little traveling and spent some wonderful time with friends and family.....
*I got to go on a girls trip to Hilton Head in February.
*Ken went on a golfing trip with his friend Al in March.
*We went to Georgia over spring break in April, over the 4th of July and over Thanksgiving to visit family.
*Traveled to Greenboro to visit Ken's family several times.
*Allie went on her first trip without any of us.....to Washington DC with her 5th grade class.
*We went on a family vacation to Myrtle Beach just before school started back.


We tried some new things......
*Brady tried T-ball and ended up loving it.
*I ran my first (and only thus far) 5K.
*We went to camp for a week as a family. Hubs was camp pastor.
*Allie went to her first ever PK camp.
*Maggie tried cheerleading and loved it.
*The girls attended their first ever concert to see Taylor Swift.
*I started a new job half way through the year after being a stay at home Mom for 12 years.

 We had some wonderful celebrations....
*Valerie's baby shower
*Jenny and Tripp's Wedding and all related events
*Lillie 8th birthday
*Maggie's 10th birthday BIG Horse Party
*Brady's 5th birthday BIG Star Wars Party
*Allie's 12th birthday
*My nephews turned 1.
ONE snow day....{in the south - snow is always a huge celebration}



We ministered and spread God's love with the wonderful people in our church.....
*Ken went on a mission trip to Alabama.
*Secret Keeper Girl Pajama Party
*At an Easter Event
*A week of VBS
*A Old Fashioned Fall Festival
*A Christmas Play
*A Polar Express Pajama Party
and numerous other ways, too.....


I read:
Fiction:*The Pretty Little Liar Series  {I'm kind of ashamed to admit that.
I love mysteries. That these are. But I won't be letting my girls read them anytime soon}
*The House at Riverton by Kate Morton
*The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton
*The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
*The Distant Hours by Kate Morton
*The Gilly Salt Sisters by Tiffany Baker
*The Divine Comedy (still in progress)
*The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
*This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti
*The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
*Divergent by Veronica Roth

Nonfiction:
*Sustainable Youth Ministry by Mark DeVries
*Family Based Youth Ministry by Mark DeVries (still in progress)
*You Lost Me by David Kinneman
*Grace for the Good Girl by Emily Freeman (still in progress)
* The Bible (not fully as hoped )
*The Boy who came back from heaven (still in progress)
*Give  Them Grace by Elise Fitspatrick



I studied....
* Jesus The One and Only by Beth Moore
*Romans


 I wanted to spend some time today looking back at this past year.
It's been a great 2013.
It's gone too fast.
Hoping I can journal more regularly this coming year both by blogging and writing in my actual journal so in the years to come I can remember what we were up to back then.
As I said time is going too fast......
There are many things I hope to do better and more in 2014.
I will share those tomorrow.
Happy New Year's Eve everybody!!



2 comments:

Ginger said...

You also read The Book Thief! ;)

Mindy said...

Ginger - yes. I thought of that when I went to bed last night at 1 AM. I came up with the Book Thief and Divergent......the last two books I've read..... I'm sure that I left off more as I didn't keep a list. I really should this year.