Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Twelve

Where did the time go?
Yesterday, she was this tiny baby that we dressed in a crocheted outfit that my aunt made for me when I was born.

Yesterday, she was being held in the strong arms of her Daddy.


Yesterday, she was 3 and sitting on a rock getting her picture made.


And yet.
I blinked....


and my first born is twelve. My heart hurts and I want to hyperventilate.  I feel like my time with her is drawing to a close all too quickly.  How can she be twelve?
She's very excited to be twelve. 
 And in honor of her birthday, here are some things that we love about our beautiful first born daughter. 


She is a incredible big sister.
When she isn't fighting with them {just keeping it real},
she's protecting, mothering and taking care of her siblings.

 This girl loves snow more than anyone I know.  
And she will play in it forever.
Long after every one else is ready to come inside.
She also loves to have hot chocolate when she comes in from the snow.
It's a rule.

She has a sweet tooth.
She loves candy {all kinds}
and pumpkin pie.
And "Better than Ever Cake".


She's  also very responsible.
This girl has been setting her own alarm clock since she asked for a received an alarm clock on her 7th birthday.
She doesn't want us waking her for school.

She loves Ballet.
She's worked hard for years at it
and hopes to be on pointe one day very soon.

She is a loyal friend.  
Once she is your friend, she will be good as gold to you.

And those are just a few of the things we love about our girl!

Here we are twelve years later.
We celebrated her twelfth birthday, a couple of weekends ago because her Daddy was going to be out of town on her birthday.
She invited a sweet friend over for a sleepover and we went to Chili's for supper - her choice because they have chips and salsa.
They had movie night when we got home and we ate popcorn and better than ever cake.
We had Krispy Kreme doughnuts for breakfast.   ALL  requested by Miss Sweet Tooth herself.


 Here we are.
Twelve.



Dear Allie,
I can't believe it.  You are twelve.
I really do feel like you were just born yesterday.
And yet, I'm sad because sometimes it seems like a lifetime ago.
I worry because I feel like there isn't much time left with you sweet girl.
I'm going to blink again and you're going to be 18 and off to college.
I know it will be here before I know it.
I really do begin to hyperventilate when I think about it because I don't want that time to arrive.
I feel like there is still so much to tell you, teach you, show you.
Your Daddy and I are so very proud of the person you are. 
We both love you with all of our hearts and pray for you every day.
I pray for you as I watch you walk to the bus. Every day, my prayer for you and your sisters is that God will watch over you through out the day and that He would put friends in your path who would continue to lead you toward Him and not away from Him.
I pray that you know how much we love you.
All of us -- your sisters, your brother, Daddy and I.  
I pray that you know how much your Savior loves you.
And I pray that you know these things in the very depths of your soul!
Happy Birthday, beautiful girl.
Love,
Mom








2 comments:

Ginger said...

Made me cry!!!

JennyImp said...

This is beautiful Mindy! You have done a wonderful job raising this sweet girl and I am so happy to know her! I hope she had a wonderful birthday!