Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Life giving Friendship


Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. - C.S. Lewis 

About 9 years ago, God brought this sweet friend into my life.  Kristin and her family were new in town and were visiting our church for the first time. To hear her tell it, she saw our church steeple when she was house hunting and knew that God was telling her that she should come to our church.  We were only in that little church for about a year and a half after she moved to town, but in that time I gained a true friend.

I'm so glad that He brought her to our church and into my life. Looking back, I know he brought her there for me.  Her sweet, sweet spirit has been a blessing to me since day one.  We've talked and laughed together, shared life and meals together. We've studied the bible together and gone on retreats together.  We've cried together.  We've been through 4 moves together - 3 for me around Western NC and 1 for her to Colorado.  I was so very sad when she moved to Colorado.  Just knowing she wasn't 3 hours away was so sad to me.   My friend Kristin has such an amazing kindness about her. Just being around her makes me want to be a better person and be as kind and  as genuine as she is.   She brings brightness and happiness where ever she goes!!!  I couldn't just drive down out of the mountains to visit her anymore or have her make a quick trip up to see me.

Thank goodness for Facebook, we've been able to keep up with one another.   
She came to NC for  a visit and today, I got to go have lunch with her.  We did a lot of laughing, talking and even  a bit of crying in our short visit today.  She made my day brighter!!

Kristin, I'm so very thankful for you! Thankful to God for bringing you into my life to be my friend.  The quote I put under the picture really  resonated with me today.  Your life giving friendship is so special to me!!!
I love you and can't wait to see you again.  {Hopefully in Colorado}!!

DO you have friends that are life giving to you?
 I would love to hear all about them!!

No comments: