Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

American Dream

Yesterday,
Hubs began a new series at church entitled "Enough".
One of the things he spoke about what the American Dream.
That dream that always leaves us wanting more of everything.....except, maybe, God.

As he preached yesterday, I was reminded of this song.
Thought I would share it here.




{The video won't play on my blog?
It will be worth your time to jump on over and watch it!!}
These are the first lines of the song....

All work no play may have made Jack a dull boy
But all work no God has left Jack with a lost soul
But he's moving on full steam
He's chasing the American dream
And he's gonna give his family the finer things

and then goes on to say.....

He used to say, "Whoever dies with the most toys wins"
But if he loses his soul, what has he gained in the end


I don't know about you, but I want to let God change my inside so I can desire more of HIM and less of these earthly things that tend to become idol's in my life.  
Finer things are great but they aren't THE THING!
He is THE THING.
My focus should be on HIM.
Yesterday was a great reminder.
To focus on him so he can change my inside so I can be HIS light in the world!


Matthew 7:24-27
 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great "


No comments: