Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up

Our weekend was VERY busy.  As was the whole week before that.   To give you an idea what I'm talking about,  my 20 hour a week job turned into  38.25 hour week this past week.
LOTS going on around here. =)

On Friday, the girls went to a sleepover at their friend Emma's house. Hubs and Brady went to  wedding rehearsal and I worked at our churches Youth Center. Our Youth Center is open every Friday night from 7- 10:30PM.  We seek to offer a safe place for kids in 7th-12th grade to come and be safe and see Christ in the adults around them.

On Saturday, I went went our youth to Carowinds (local amusement park) to Christian Music Day.  We left the church at 9 AM and returned home at 12 AM.  It was a day full of rides for everyone else - I don't do rides. But, I enjoyed being there with the youth and seeing them enjoy the rides.
Then we went to the Christian Music Day Concert.
We arrived just in time to see the speaker, Tom Richter. He spoke on what Jesus said was the greatest commandment. (love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. And love your neighbor as yourself!)  It was really good!
After him was Newsboys and Chris Tomlin. Both were excellent! It was a great, long, day. That ended with sweet, sweet worship.
Hubs and Brady went to a train show that morning, then they picked up the girls.  Hubs had a wedding, 3 kids went to a sweet couple from churches house and another sweet church member picked Maggie up for her Football game.  SO, so very thankful for all the wonderful folks who helped us this weekend!!!

Yesterday was a normal Sunday.  Church then youth.  Funny, thing is that was the calmest Sunday I will have for a while. Next week, I will be at church most all day. .....Church, youth, children's play practice, and a super secret initiative with our youth later that evening, too.  This schedule with continue until December.

So, if you wonder what I'm up to because you haven't heard from me for a while.  I'm just running around like a chicken with my head cut off.  Matter of fact, I've got plans to document each day of our week so I can look back and remember our crazy busy lives.....and laugh.  I will laugh won't I?

Cause right now, I just feel like I need to sleep.

Good night all!
Back soon!


No comments: