Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Legacy

Yesterday, hubs preached on leaving a legacy for our kids.  He spoke of the need to grow our kids in the Kingdom of God.  That it takes parents and the community of God to lead our children so they need to be in church. 
It was an incredible sermon.  I was so proud of him.  
Since I left, I haven't been able to get this song out of my head.
Please take time to go watch it and come back.





And, I was an am still even more in awe of how God works.
He put those words on my hubby's heart to share with us all yesterday.
Immediately following the service, we had our Fall Kick-off for our Youth Ministry.
Where I shared with the parents that even though the people who lead the youth ministry have some influence on their kids, it is they (parents) who have the MOST influence on their kids.  And shared that we, the people who are leading the youth ministry, are in partnership with them and that we aren't here to do it for them.

Today, I came across this article....
Again, God talking to me more about our kids (my kids) in church.
I can see this all over our society these days.
Church is seen as an option IF nothing else conflicts.
Unfortunately, for our kids, if we see church that way,
They are likely to see it that way.
They might even begin to see it as not necessary at all.
But, as my hubby shared yesterday our kids needs to be brought up in the kingdom -- in community as the article above states.

I don't want my children to see church as the last thing on their to do list.
I want them to understand God's love for them and that church is where they gather with their community of faith to worship together,  fellowship together, serve together, do life together.
To see that together they can learn from one another, hold one another up and help each other when needed.
The song (above) just keeps running through my head....

I wanna leave a legacy
how will they remember me?
Did I choose to love?
Did I point to you enough to make a mark on things?
I wanna leave an offering.
A child  of mercy and grace
who blessed Your Name apologetically
And leave that kind of legacy.

I want to leave a legacy.
That kind of legacy.
Let it be, Jesus!!!

What kind of legacy are you leaving?
What kind of legacy do you want to leave?


No comments: