Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

My Instagram Life - 8.9.13 - Lots of birthdays

Yep. Yesterday, I missed blogging.
It was just one of those days that started with an early trip to the orthodontist with all four kiddos, then straight to work, home for a quick lunch, ran a couple of errands, back home to work on a certain 5 year old's birthday party, cook supper, and get Maggie to her first cheer practice. By the time I got home,  wanted to do nothing but read and good book and sit quietly......and I'm learning that it's ok to do so!!

Here are a few shots of what we've been up to in the last couple of weeks. 
We  have had lots of birthdays lately.

On July 31st, Mom Bea {Ken's grandmother} turned 97.
We drove up to celebrate with her.
Maggie was to turn 10 on August 2nd, so they blew out the candles together.

A picture of all of us with Mom Bea before we headed back home.


There weren't many more pics taken that week because I was {working} and working on this.....
Miss Maggie's 10th birthday party.
It was a horse themed party.  I will be blogging about it soon. 
I can't wait to share all the fun we had at this party.


On Monday night, I had a meeting at church.
As I walked back across the road, this is what I saw.
My family was out in the front yard playing croquet.
Thanks, Grammy and Granddaddy for the croquet set.
It takes me back to my own childhood.
My grandparents had a croquet set and my brother and sister and I would play all the time.


Signs like these have make me late for a LOT of things this week.
I really hate being late.......


At least, sometimes, when I'm stuck in a long line waiting on the sign to change from "STOP" to "SLOW", 
I get to look at gorgeous views like this one I snapped a picture of early yesterday morning.


My Maggie has decided that this year she wants to try cheer leading.
Last night was her first practice.  
I'm glad that she wants to try it and that she is so excited about it.
Not as excited?
All the traveling we will be doing on Saturday's throughout the fall for her to cheer.....


That's it for now.
I'm off to drag myself down to the treadmill and run for a while.
Then, there's some work stuff to be done before taking the kids to some friends for the weekend.
Hubs and I are actually going to get to go on a date tonight.
We are going to one of my favorite malls -- South Park in Charlotte.
Can't wait. It's been forever since I've been there and even longer since Ken has been there.
So, we are excited.  
Time to get running.  I've put it off long enough......

OH, and I'm linking up at Life Rearranged.....


3 comments:

Candace said...

Popping over from Insta-Friday!
Love the party Decor! We just had a purple girly party for our 2yr old. Can't wait to see the post on that! Have a great weekend!

Emily said...

How lucky your littles are to have their great-grandma still. Mine passed when I was 13. I still remember her, especially her horn rimmed glasses. Oh she was a riot!

What a great day for me to visit your blog for the first time. Thanks for reminding me of how amazing my great-grandma was.

Have a great weekend!

Kelli said...

Such a fun, colorful blog! Thanks for checking mine out through our link-up this week :). We just got a croquet set this summer, and it's totally retro for me, too. Reminds me of my summers growing up in Connecticut. Enjoy! And enjoy that cheerleader! Cheering when I lived in SC as a high schooler was THE BEST! Still love those girls! xoxoxo