Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

My Instagram Life 8.16.13

So, last Friday I told you that Ken and I were off to have a date night and that is what we did.
After dropping the kids off at our friends home to stay for the weekend, I met Ken at South Park Mall in Charlotte.
It is a great mall with all the best stores.....
and some awesome restaurants.
Including this one.
It's been 15+ years since I had been to this delicious restaurant and it did not disappoint.


On Saturday, I found this in my office.
It is 14 boxes full of stuff for a great fundraiser we will do with our youth this fall.
It is going to be great fun ---- now, if I can just find a place to store all these things.

On Sunday, I went to see Les Miserables with some of my favorite people.  I didn't get a phone picture of it but here is a shot that I got with my 'real' camera.  It was a fantastic performance. SO, so good.  
Spending time with these friends, priceless.
I loved every single minute of it.


 We drove to Charlotte on Monday afternoon to visit Grandpap who was having open heart surgery the next day.    We wanted to kids to get to visit while he was still feeling well.
Charlotte traffic is a bear....


On Monday evening, the kids and I had the privilege of being invited to Camp Meeting to have supper and visit with some friends.  We all had a great time. Thanks so much for inviting us!!


On Tuesday, life was crazy.  In the midst of all the chaos, this quote showed up on my phone screen
I honestly have no idea where it came from.  
None.
Quite possibly divine intervention for me when I was overwhelmed and in tears.  =)


Wednesday was a busy day but Allie, Maggie and I got to go out to supper and on the way home we got to see this beautiful  sunset!!

Yesterday, we had an M&M event at our house.
What's M&M, you ask?
It's Munchies with the Ministers.
We invited several families who are new to our church to come and get to know Ken and our family, and our associate, Linda a little better.  
We also hoped to help them make connections with one another while they were there.
I think we succeeded on both counts.  


 This morning I went to have some me time and get my nails and toes done.
I broke a nail this past week so I didn't think my usual french manicure would look very good on super short nails. So, I went for gray nail polish.  (It has some sparkle in it, too)
Hubs didn't like my choice of color.....boo.
(sorry for the blurry picture.  I took this in the car......)


He did like my toes, though.  I usually don't add flowers but for this week, they were a must. 
My toes are all ready to head to the beach this week! =)


Lastly, I wanted to show you guys what I'm wearing today.
It is August and I'm wearing a sweatshirt.  
The high today was 67 degrees.
I'm not complaining -- I love the fallishness of this weather.
However, it is definitely rare in NC to be wearing a sweatshirt in August.


That is what we've been up to this week.
Have a great weekend!!


I'm linking up at Life Rearranged.
life rearranged

3 comments:

LeeAnne said...

Love the cool air. Love the sweatshirt - but you seem sad in the photo!!

Rachel Erin said...

I really like the grey nails!! Mine never grow long so I never paint them, but I'm thinking I may give that color a try! :)

Shannon said...

The grey nails are cute especially with a little sparkle! Have a great time at the beach :)