Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Maggie's 10th Birthday Horse Party

On August 2, this sweet girl turned 10.


She started thinking about this party years ago, but when it came down to it, she wanted a horse party.
A purple horse party because purple is her favorite.
This is the invitation we made for her....
I love how it turned out.


She was so excited.....
Our decorations were very country to go with the horse theme.
We had buckets of baby's breath, purple and lavender colored balloons and mason jars to drink from.

I made this banner and my brother cleverly hung it for me so we didn't add any nails to the barn.


We had a photo station.
I painted that M a brassy brown and painted a $9 picture purple. 
Hung some balloons, added some hay and a saddle that the owners of the barn let us use and drew on my chalk board.
Oh and I made that bunting under the window too.
I LOVED the photo station.


A close up of the bunting.  Love, love, love how it turned out.


I also loved these purple flowered paper straws.  
Got them from Hobby Lobby.

These drink dispensers that I bought back in May have gotten lots of use this summer.
We had water -- did I mention it was like 100 degrees out there!?!? 
and pink lemonade to drink....


 My mother in law came up with the idea to use bandannas for goody bags.
They were perfect.

and I loved how the tags turned out, too.


Every one got a cowboy/cowgirl hat.
Little brothers hat had a blue band with light blue for his name, but the girls were purple with pink writing.


We had this party at Diamond B Farms.
They did an excellent job.
The kids were divided into two groups.
One group got to paint their very own horseshoe to take home.


And the other group got to ride..... 

 Then they switched places.....

 When they were done painting they came over and made good use of the photo station.


Maggie's buddies from school.


Lillie and her bestie, Elli.

Sweet friends....


After all the riding and painting was done, it was time for some grub.
They girls had a picnic on the ground.


This is Allie with her friend, Madi.
I don't know what they were up to, but I do love the picture.

OH, I need to show you these little cups of ranch dressing we had for the vegetables....
Every horse needs a little RANCH!!


Next, it was time for cupcakes....


Aren't they just perfect? 
They were iced with purple and had silver horseshoes on top.


Lastly, it was time to open some presents.


It was a wonderful evening.

Even the horses enjoyed!!

The birthday girl was so happy!
The purple horse party was a beautiful success.

No comments: