Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Forever Friends

This past week, we had the blessing of getting to see several very special friends.

First,
Last Sunday after church hubs and his friend, Al left for a golf trip to Myrtle Beach for a couple of days.

And we were super blessed to have Miss Olivia and her Mom {my bestie}
come stay at our house while the guys were of golfing.
These two had a blast with one another.


They were watching as the girls caught the school bus. 

 We had almost 4 whole days together and except for one extreme meltdown {over crackers} they didn't fight at all. 
They played and played and played.
This was right before they left to go home.


The very next day, he asked when she could come back again.

My sweet friend Kandi {aka Olivia's Mom} and me.
We had such a great time visiting!!



Then today, the girls and I drove to a town about an hour away to see some of our friends from our old dance studio in Sylva dance in a competition.
The owner of the dance studio is one of my favorite friends and Lillie and her daughter Polly are the best of friends, too!

We enjoyed seeing several people we know dance, including Miss Polly.
And we were super excited to go to dinner afterward with Polly and Valerie.

Here are the four girls together....


 and another right before we all headed home......
These girls tried hard to get to stay together longer but it was time for everyone to start home.  

I haven't been able to catch up with my friend Val since about October.
It was such a blessing to get to see her and spend some time with her today.
She is expecting baby #3 in June.
And I certainly hope I get to see her again before the babe arrives!

God truly blessed us with these friends and I miss getting to see them on a regular basis.
But as I was reminded earlier in the week,

"Friends are Friends forever if the Lord is Lord of them"

I know in these cases that is certainly true because these friends were given straight to us from Him.
What a blessed week it has been.
I'm headed to bed tonight thankful for all of these wonderful friends who've poured into my heart and soul this week.
Thanking God for being the Lord of Friendship!!







1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Looks like you had a fun week! Nothing like Christian friends!!