Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Pondering On...... Luke 9:23

{photo from Year 27}



Luke 9: 23
"If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me."


I am in the midst of reading "not a fan" by Kyle Idleman.
Maybe you've already read it.
It has been out for a while, but I'm just getting around to it.
I'm about halfway through the book.
In the first section, he talked about the difference between being a fan of Jesus and being a follower.
There are days when I'd say I am more of a fan than a true follower.
How do I know?
Because there are days when I'm simply not willing to give everything up for God.

See -as Kyle says

"Anyone can follow, but not without giving up everything."

There are days when I want to be in charge.
Of me
my kids
the church
my husband
other people

There are days when I don't want to let go of my hurts
or my anger or my bitterness.

But then, that makes me a fan.
And it also makes me very 'fake'.

And being  a fan and a fake are two things I do not want to be.
More than anything, I want to be a follower of the Way 
and in doing so be completely authentic.

This is what I'm thinking and pondering on
and praying over
tonight.


No comments: