Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day Weekend 2012

On Friday, my Mom and Step dad came to town.  We enjoyed the evening in and I made Spaghetti and Meatballs with homemade Parker Style Yeast Rolls.  Then added a salad and we had an excellent meal!

On Saturday morning, we got up and my Mom made gravy and biscuits for breakfast.  She makes the best gravy and biscuits and it's one of my favs!!
Then we headed out on the lake for a while on Saturday afternoon.








We drove around the lake for a while looking at the beautiful view.....


Then we drove up into a little cove and beached the boat for lunch....

The girls tried hard to pull that boat ashore.....

But in the end, Granddaddy did the hard work.....


This sweet boy got a little sea sick.....
I felt so bad!!



The kids swam around and played for a while ....

and then it was time to go back to shore.
We went out to supper that evening then came home to get ready for bed.

On Sunday, the other Granddaddy and Nana Lee Anne and Ken's 96 year old grandmother joined us for church and then lunch at Steak and Shake afterward. We then visited for a while before then had to go home.

My mom and step dad agreed to keep the kids for us on Sunday night so Ken and I could go on a date.
Here is an over view of our date.


We went to supper at the Bone Fish Grill where I had the fish tacos. YUMMO!
Then we went to the bookstore where I bought a new book.
Then it was on to the movies.  

Good food, a new book and the movies with my hubby.
It was a great date.


My Mom and Step-dad headed back to Georgia early Monday morning. 
And since we'd had such a fun weekend, it was Cleanup Day - a true Labor Day in our house.
What did you do over your long weekend?

Hope it was as great as ours was!!!





No comments: