Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Camp Meeting

Do you know what camp meetings are?
Here's a link that will tell you more about the history of them, but in short, they are like revivals but you go to the camp meeting and stay in tents for the duration. 

There are two great camp meetings here locally. One is Rock Springs Camp Meeting  which I did not get to attend this year, but hubs did.
The other is Ball Creek Camp Meeting. Hubs attended earlier in the week, but last night we took the whole family. This is only the second camp meeting I've ever been to and it was the first one at a campground.

This was the first thing I saw when I walked it.
While I'm in complete agreement, 
It did give me a little chuckle....



  We walked around through the tents for a while.

 It was really awesome seeing all the different tents.
There were hundreds of them.

We finally made our way over to The Shack
to eat supper. 
We feasted on hotdogs, burgers, fries and grilled chicken (for me).



 I love the fans that were in the pews in the Arbor.
They reminded me of being in church as a child before we had air conditioning in church....
my grandmother always had a paper fan.


The Arbor was in the center of the campground.
It was truly beautiful!

 After supper it was time for the Singing to start.
Last night was a Singer/Songwriters round.
I really didn't know what to expect but was delighted by what it was!!!
These two beautiful ladies were AMAZING.
They are Jessica Campbell and Christa Wells.
Both are singers and songwriters and both were sooooo good!

Do yourself a favor and go check their music out!
You can listen to Jessica here.
And Christa here.
I loved every minute of it!

Jessica is actually a local girl.
You can read the article she did with a local paper about being home for camp meeting.  It's great!


Hubs and I got up and went to find our girls {who were enjoying their freedom to walk around with their friend}  right before the last song.
Word has it that at the end there was a proposal from the stage.
Sorry I missed it!!


We then found the girls in their friend, Baileys, tent with two more new friends.
They all then had some ice cream and played games.

Hubs and I went outside and sat and talked with Bailey's grandparents and several other church members.
Which is where I learned that while Camp Meeting is certainly about good sermons and good singing, it is also about good family fellowship.

We had a great evening!!

Cannot wait to visit both camp meetings next year!!






No comments: