Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Radical Transformation







God really spoke to me in worship this morning.
My pastor hubby spoke on Radical Transformation.
How we have to be changed .

He spoke of how often times we try to get Jesus on board with what we want to do, rather than doing what he wants us to do.  The scripture focus was  Ephesians 4:22-24.   We are to be continually changing and becoming more like him in every way. Moving on toward perfection.  

But, it isn't something we can "will" ourselves into doing. It has to be a choice on our part to listen to the Holy Spirit's guidance and to allow him to change us from the inside out.  We have to be intentional about it.  
Remember, I told you that God had been whispering the word "intentional" to me?
I have learned that God tends to work in themes and when something starts coming up again and again in my life, I need to wake up and pay close attention.
Intentional.
That's come up a lot.
So, HE caught my attention this morning.

With all the change in my life in the past 5 months, I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't been intentional about my time with God each day. My time in His Word and in prayer.
And, quite frankly, aside from feeling guilty about it, I'm feeling just plain out of sorts.
Off my game.
Rotten....

Then hubs shared this.....

This is how Ephesians 4:20-24 reads in the Message version:

But that's no life for you. You learned Christ! My assumption is that you have paid careful attention to him, been well instructed in the truth precisely as we have it in Jesus. Since, then, we do not have the excuse of ignorance, everything—and I do mean everything—connected with that old way of life has to go. It's rotten through and through. Get rid of it! And then take on an entirely new way of life—a God-fashioned life, a life renewed from the inside and working itself into your conduct as God accurately reproduces his character in you.

Did you catch that?
Rotten through and through.

Yes, Lord, I hear what you are saying.  
It's time for me to be intentional.
There are many more aspects of my life about which God wants me to be intentional but this is where I need to start.  Because the rest of them will begin to change when I get back to being more intentional in my time with HIM so that I can be radically transformed.
Not just a "good" person.
Not just another "Christian".
Changed.
I want  to be the girl others look at and say "I want what she's got".

Tonight, this song is my prayer.
Watch.
Enjoy.
Pray it yourself.




I've stumbled.
But I hear you, Lord.
I'm going to be intentional.
This whole song is my prayer tonight but especially these words....
"Your will above all else, still my purpose remains.
The art of losing myself in bringing you praise. Everlasting.
Your light will shine when all else fades.
Never ending your glory goes beyond all fame.
In my heart and my soul.
I give YOU control.
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise become my embrace 
to love you from the inside out, Lord!" 
Amen.
Let it be.


No comments: