Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

InstaFriday - After The Move


life rearranged





It's Friday, and I'm finally out of boxes {enough} to do something other than unpack.  So here are some pics from our week that show what we've been up to other than unpacking boxes....


 After being away for a week, we drove down to our friends home on Lake Wylie to pick up the kids to bring them to our new home.  This is the view of the Lake from our friends house. 
Beautiful isn't it? We are looking forward to visiting them more often since we're only about 45 minutes away now. Getting to see them is the best and this view and time on this lake, an added bonus!!



Me on the way home. 
Happy to have my kids with me and excited to see how they would react to their new surroundings.

They were jumping up and down when they saw their rooms. Each of them has their very own room!


Do you guys use Craigslist?
I bought this for our new home.
Y'all!
It is incredibly beautiful and an antique.
I really think I got a good deal, too.
This is the second time we've bought something on Craigslist and I've been pleased both times!!
It looks amazing in my dining room. 
When I get it all decorated I will show you!

The girls did some "Super 80's Makeup" for themselves this week.
Allie took hers off before I could get a picture.

Some of our new church members (plural) have blessed us greatly this week with fresh produce.
We have had squash, zucchini, cucumbers, corn on the cob, tomatoes, and blueberries.
Not to mention the homemade bread, chicken salad, pickles and pimento cheese.
With the bounty of stuff these incredible folks has blessed us with this week, we have eaten well.
 Case in point -- blueberry cobbler.  WITH FRESH BLUEBERRIES!!
Heaven in  a casserole dish!!!  

Pretty view from the large field next door to our house.  See the church steeple sticking up?
I love this pic!

On Wednesday night, Nana and Grandpap came to visit. 
We are super blessed they they only live half an hour away now.
Nana brought ice cream!!

He enjoyed it.....
to say the least.

On Thursday, 
he walked in and said.
"Mom, pretend this is a guitar"
and serenaded me with Jesus Loves Me and The ABC song. 
LOVE!!

Miss Allie got her bedding for her bedroom.
She LOVES it.  
AND, it came from pbteen and if you are 10 going on 11,
there is nothing better  than a store that has the word "teen" in it.

Last night, we went to the church softball game.
Where my hubby showed off his mad softball skilz. {grin}

Then when we got home, I looked out my bedroom window and saw this.
I wish you could see it better in the photo.
The stained glass is breath taking.
That, my friends, is the place that God has called us to serve.  


And on Sunday morning, we will all begin that journey for the first time.
The people we've met thus far have been wonderful and I know that the rest of them will be, too.
We look forward to Sunday and are excited 
but to keep it real -- we are a bit nervous, too.
Especially, the kids.
Keep us ALL -- all the pastors who are starting new appointments and all the congregations who are, also -- in your prayers this weekend.

Y'all have a great weekend!
My Mom and step-dad will be here tonight
and I'm heading out this afternoon to get my toes and nails done ( mommy time)
So, I must go!  
Time to get ready to head out!

You can join up with InstaFriday at Life Rearranged!!

in HIM-








1 comment:

Wendy said...

Craigslist is fun. Tad bought a truck on it. :)
Hope you're getting adjusted to your new place. Kelley and her family just moved as well. It's hard, but they are trying to get settled in.
Take care!