Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Genuine Friendship


Today, I finally had the chance to upload the pictures that were on my camera.
As I looked through them and was editing them, I felt so blessed all over again.
A couple of weeks ago, hubs and I had day off from all the packing we were doing at the time to spend a day with friends in Pigeon Forge/ Gatlinburg, TN
The guys left early in the morning to play golf.
The girls left a little later in the morning and made a stop in Cherokee, NC to eat here.
The food was delicious!

The restaurant had a gumball machine full of mustaches.
SO, of course -- we had to get some!!
I think this might be my favorite picture from the whole day.
Seriously, I love these girls.  

We drove on over to Pigeon Forge.  We had discussed shopping but since it was 110 degrees that day, we decided against it.
Instead, we went to the Titanic Museum.
It was really fantastic!!
This is the only picture from the museum that I have because no cameras were allowed inside due to the fact that they have actual artifacts.
When you get in line to go inside, you're given a boarding pass with the name of someone who was on the ship.  You're also told about the persons life.
When you get to the end of the museum, you find out if your person lived or died.
If you go to Pigeon Forge, I  highly recommend this place!!
We were there for at least two and a half hours.

As we headed back toward Gatlinburg, we saw this.
I don't know what it is exactly, but this is on our agenda for next time.....

By the time we got to Gatlinburg and parked, it was time for supper.
I was super excited about supper because we had reservations at one of my all time favorite places.

If you have never been to this restaurant, you are missing out!
It is complete fondue fun!!!
All kinds of fondue fun! Especially cheese and chocolate fondue!!
This is a picture of the main course fondue, though.
You order what meats you'd like --- we had variety of seafood and chicken and beef.....delish!!
You can see the mushrooms floating in the broth.

I have to share this with you because it is just so fun!

We found this sign on the back of the ladies room door.



My friend, Val, said "I bet on the back of the Men's room door it says, ' Share the last strawberry.' "
SO, what do you do when a question like this comes up?
You send your friend in to find out!

And then, when she confirms that the back of the Men's Room door does, indeed, say to share the last strawberry, you go in yourself to get a picture of the proof!

Finally it was time for the grand finale.
Chocolate fondue.  
This is what they bring you to dip into the incredible chocolate goodness.

All three of our different  chocolate fondue's were flambeed.


It was soooo good!!!!
LOOK at that chocolate dripping!

We sent the boys back across the mountains together so that the three of us could spend a bit more time together.
 We stopped at the Smokey Mountains National Park sign and got some pics.
I love these two girls so much!!!


We stopped at the top of the mountain and watched a storm roll across the valley below.
And just talked and enjoyed our time together.


It was a wonderful evening!!  

AND then yesterday, I got to meet my best friend in Asheville for a day of shopping and eating. 

We met at a cute little cafe for lunch and then walked around the River Arts District galleries.


    
After that we went to the running store because my friend, she is an awesome runner and she needed new shoes.
And, she is training for her first marathon.
I'm so proud of her!!

After that we went to Lifeway Christian Stores and spent over an hour.
I think we could spend all day in that store.....

After that it was time for supper, so we went downtown and ate an amazing supper at The Jerusalem Garden Cafe.
It's a beautiful building.

with beautiful lighting....



and ahhh mazing food!



Aside from all the fun stuff we did together and all the incredible food we ate, I just want to take a minute to say how thankful I am that God blessed Ken and I with these people as our friends.
I know that it was in HIS plan for these wonderful people to be in our lives and become our friends.
It is so nice to have genuine friendships with people who let you be who you are and still hold you accountable and help you grow.
That is what these people are to us.
And I know that with God in these friendships, they will never end but will continue to grow stronger through the years to come.
We love you all dearly and look forward to the future in our friendships!

 Ecclesiastes 4:12
By yourself you're unprotected. 
   With a friend you can face the worst. 
   Can you round up a third? 
   A three-stranded rope isn't easily snapped.


In HIM-

No comments: