Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Reading List - 5/3/11



I'm an avid reader. I read my bible every afternoon that I am home (well. ok. almost). I read most every evening and I read a variety of things - fiction and nonfiction. I'm also in a book club - which I love. I'm quite tired tonight, so without further ado - here is what I'm reading right now.



This was our last book club book. Standing In The Rainbow by Fannie Flagg.

Fannie Flagg has some great humor and I did like the book.

I'm going to read Fried Green Tomatoes and compare the two. soon.



Have any of you read this book?


The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson? I have just started it. I'm literally on pg. 28, but I'm not sure what my opinion is yet. I've heard many people say it is a great book.


We will see.....



I just started Crazy Love Francis Chan for the second time for the study we are doing on it at church. If you've not read this book, I would recommend it.


It is a great book. Just a small warning....It will step on your toes.




I've had this book for a while now and always thought my kids were too young for me to worry with it. I've recently begun thinking differently, and since the 1st chapter is about body image, I know it's time. It is great so far and is really giving me things to think about.

I was incredibly disturbed when I read that there are billions of dollars worth of thongs sold to 8- 12 year olds. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!!

If you are a Mom of girls and don't have this book, you should order it. now.





I just bought this book, but I cannot wait to get started on it.

It is called 8 Great Dates for Moms and Daughters by Dannah Gresh.

A friend told me about this book. It is similar to the book above, but gives you dates for you and your daughter and object lessons for these conversations.





And this --- The Help by Kathryn Stockett is the May book for my book club. I can't wait to get started. I've heard many great things about it.







Have you read any of these books?

What are your thoughts on the ones you have read?


What books are YOU reading?


in HIM-

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read The Help and thoroughly enjoyed it. I will bring a copy to you tonight if I remember! I didn't have time to go by the church to get the copy of Crazy Love you made for me so I probably won't have read it by tonight. See you later!
Barbara

Becca said...

I've read all of those books :-) great choices - I especially loved The Help and Crazy Love

Ginger said...

Read The Help at the beginning of this year & it quickly became one of my favorites of ALL time!!! You will love it!! Movie comes out in August I think.

Angie Vik said...

Love to meet another fellow reader. Although it looks like we like to read different things. I read mostly Christian fiction and have been gorging myself this spring on free kindle christian fiction books. I like Francis Chan and we did his Basic Bible study this winter. Happy Reading.