Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Praises and Gentle Reminders....


Praising God with these words today. I think I might even write them on a scripture memory card. Then I can praise Him with these incredible words everyday.


Psalm 63: 1-8

O God, you are my God;
I earnestly* search for you.
My soul thirsts for you;
my whole body longs for you
in this parched and weary land
where there is no water.
I have seen you in your sanctuary
and gazed upon your power and glory.
Your unfailing love is better than life itself;
how I praise you!
I will praise you as long as I live,
lifting up my hands to you in prayer.
You satisfy me more than the richest feast.
I will praise you with songs of joy.
I lie awake thinking of you,
meditating on you through the night.
Because you are my helper,
I sing for joy in the shadow of your wings.
I cling to you;
your strong right hand holds me securely.






and in the Message version.....

1 God—you're my God! I can't get enough of you!
I've worked up such hunger and thirst for God,
traveling across dry and weary deserts.

2-4 So here I am in the place of worship, eyes open,
drinking in your strength and glory.
In your generous love I am really living at last!
My lips brim praises like fountains.
I bless you every time I take a breath;
My arms wave like banners of praise to you.

5-8 I eat my fill of prime rib and gravy;
I smack my lips. It's time to shout praises!
If I'm sleepless at midnight,
I spend the hours in grateful reflection.
Because you've always stood up for me,
I'm free to run and play.
I hold on to you for dear life,
and you hold me steady as a post.




Aren't those great words? Not only are they words that I can use as prayers of praise to the Lord, they are also a very comforting reminder of who He is and what He does for me. Also, in the New King James Version of verse 1, the word earnestly is instead tranlasted as early. This is quite a reminder for me that I need to start my day, every day with Him. I have gotten SOOOOo out of doing this in the past few years and long to get back to it.

I will be carrying these verses around with me for the rest of the day. Praising Him, Thanking Him, and Memorizing His Word!


And I'm going to do it all outside this afternoon in this glorious spring weather {thanking HIM for that, too!!!}


in HIM-


No comments: