Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Love is.....

I was planning a post tonight with pictures....but for some reason blogger isn't cooperating and quite frankly -- I'm tired and ready for bed -- so....no....photos.

Today, I read the next chapter in Crazy Love. It was just as convicting as the previous chapters.
There is SOOO much in this book to digest that I will probably have to reread it a dozen times or a hundred to soak it all in.....

One of the things that Francis Chan talks about in this chapter is that God measures our lives by how we love. He says that God told us what Love is supposed to look like in 1 Corinthians 13.
He then says that we should challenge ourselves by putting our name in the place of the word love and seeing if it fits.....

SO ----

Mindy Love is patient, Mindy love is kind.Mindy It does not envy, Mindy it does not boast, Mindy it is not proud. Mindy It does not dishonor others, Mindy it is not self-seeking, Mindy it is not easily angered, Mindy it keeps no record of wrongs. Mindy Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.



Well. I definitely cannot say that I am loving then. At least not all of the time.
Again, tonight, I'm thinking and praying that God will make me like HIM. Change my heart and let me become one who loves like you do!

in HIM-


No comments: