Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Yesterday and Today

SO, yesterday started with two kids who had to go for Well- Checks at the dr.'s office. Everything went as was expected and I asked that each of them be given a flu shot. And shortly there after, found out that Brady had to have 2 other shots, so he would be getting a total of 3 shots.

By the time the appointments were over, and I took Lillie back to school it was 1PM. I did some house work, among other things, and then the bus arrived to drop off Allie and Maggie.

Maggie walks in the house and says, to me, "Mom, I have a headache, and I don't feel good and I'm tired!". I took her temp and she was indeed running a fever of 101.4. So, I got Maggie settled onto a "palate" (do ya'll do that at your house) in the floor and then did homework with Allie and Lillie. And, Lillie headed to dance class at 4:45. Then I had two meetings after that.

We had plans to go out to supper as a family after our meetings but with a sick kid we brought everyone home. By the time we got home, we had one sick kid + 2 kids who had gotten shots + one generally emotional child and that = 4 very grumpy kids.
I cooked up some eggs and toast and put them in bed. None of them ate much and 3 out of 4 were crying when we put them to bed.

Thank goodness, I went to bed at about 9PM, because Maggie showed up in my room at about 1:45 AM telling me she had been up all night. I felt her head. She was burning up. I took her temp....103.4. YIKES. I gave her some medicine and moved her palate to my bedroom floor.
Where she tossed and turned and didn't sleep much all night.
At about 5:30 AM, Brady woke up crying. I got him up and he was crying because his "weg hoyt" (in case you don't speak toddler -- his leg hurt).
Allie's alarm clock went off at 6 and around 6:30 I realized why Brady was complaining about his leg, and head, and everything else hurting -- he, too, had a fever. 101.5.

SO, we get everyone dressed and Allie and Lillie ready for school and head out.
I dropped the 2 who weren't running fevers off at school and headed to the walk-in clinic at our pediatrician's office (SOOOOO glad that they have this!!!!)

Maggie was diagnosed with strep throat. Luckily, Brady's test was negative. His fever was a result of {hello} 3 shots yesterday.

After I got back from the clinic, Ken came home to stay with Maggie and Brady so I could attend a meeting that I needed to go to. I went to the meeting and then ran errands and arrived home around 2. Got a little more housework done and then fixed supper. During the time I was fixing supper, Ken took Allie and dropped off at dance. We ate supper and started giving baths.

FINALLY, got all 4 kids fed, bathed, homework finished, medicine dispensed, and in bed by 8PM.

It is now 9:23 PM and I am pooped and ready for bed.

Here's hoping to much calmer days for the rest of the week. Hopefully, then I can get back to Loving as a verb!!

in HIM-

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Nothing can wear you down more than a lot of sick kids! Hope they're feeling better soon.

Kris Moore said...

I think that everything you just described IS love... as a verb.

:)

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Oh no, that is no fun! Hope they are feeling better soon. :)