Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Love As A Verb - Day 8 {Encouragement}

1 Thessalonians 5:11
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up"


I am a girl who loves stationary. I love pens. I love paper. I love writing notes. I love sending mail. I love receiving mail.


And , along time ago, I was good at sending lots of notes to people. I was good at writing notes to my husband. I'm not really sure what happened, but I think it has something to do with getting busy.


God is really speaking to me about being better at sending notes again. It's a really big part of why I started participating in Sunday Letters. I am trying to be more intentional about writing to my family here. I also want to be better at {and more intentional about} writing to my family here at home. TO encourage them in the way that God would have me encourage them.


He also wants me to be better about writing and encouraging other people. Which, for this very pessimistic realistic girl can be hard at times!


SO, tonight, I'm setting aside some time to write some notes! And, then - it's time to go DO something for the Lord!



in HIM-


2 comments:

Kris Moore said...

and this daily devotion goes right along with your blog today. (at least I think it does...) :) (look for feb 8)

http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/encouragement/

Deidre said...

I always tell people I 'thought' them a note but never wrote it. Which is a ridiculous excuse, isn't it? Who doesn't love getting a letter/note from someone. I'm trying to do better too ;)