Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Love As A Verb - Day 2 (Allie's Letter to Ginger and Tim)





Well, I must confess that I failed at actually loving as a verb today. I mean, I failed at doing something intentional, anyways. Wednesdays are incredibly busy around here, with church and all.
I did spend a lot of time thinking today about loving as a verb. Especially in regard to our enemies. Casondra is participating in Deidre's Love As A Verb Month, too and she spoke about loving our enemies yesterday in her post. WOW. She gave me much to think about. I'm adding loving my enemies --- intentionally--- to my list of things to do this month. Intentionally.....my enemies.....it's not going to be easy. BUT, it is expected of me. SO, I'm going to do it.

SO, my entry for loving as a verb today is going to sharing with you something Allie wrote for school. And I know it is going to tell Ginger and Tim how much they are loved.

{This is written exactly as Allie, age 9, wrote it.}

Ginger & tim

I am going to tell you about my first favorite anut and uncle. They are the best you could have. They are one of the ones I see the less ofen.

Aunt Ginger and tim I see sometimes at thanksgiving. I see them other places but mostly at thanksgiving. Frist they come then we say hi and we hug each other. They we show them around. Next we play with them.

Then we play connett four. Then we eat some turkey. Then the next morning we say good by.

I feel joyful when they are here. When we go to bed I'm happy. Then when they leave I'm sad.

That's all I have to say.

Sweet, huh?

{To join in on Loving As A Verb, go on over to Deidre's place!}

in HIM-



2 comments:

Deidre said...

Loving our enemies is my absolute biggest struggle with all of this. It's the part I want to skip over and hope God doesn't bring it back to my attention. It's just hard. But, I'm trusting He'll equip me to follow through because without Him doing so, I don't have it in me.

Love you!

Ginger said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SWEET!! Tearing up at my desk!!! I'll definitely share this w/ Tim. :) Allie has been emailing me & it is too cute! She asked me recently when we are moving closer. I am looking forward to being 1.5 hours away!! Glad to know we are loved!!