Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Love As A Verb -Day 13 {Sunday Letters}


Dear Allie,

This past Thursday was a snow day. We only had about 1 inch (maybe 2) of snow on the ground but it was enough to make the roads icy so.....no school. I decided it would be a great idea for us to use my Cricut to make homemade Valentines with you and your siblings. Everyone thought it was a great idea.....including you. Until about 2 hours in when you said to me, "Mom, I'm just not that crafty". And asked if you could stop and just go buy some Valentines at the store. I tried to convince you to stick it out. I was afraid that you would be upset when your siblings all had homemade cards and you did not. You assured me that you would not care. With that, you divided the cards you'd already made between your sisters and off you went to find something else to do.

I guess I learned something about you this week. You don't consider yourself crafty. And you were pleased as punch with the peace and love, 1950's vibe cards you got at Walmart today.

I also wanted to tell you how much I love it when you have a giving spirit. You all received a Valentines gift from Grammy and Granddaddy on Friday. In each package was a Valentines book along with a pair of Justice sweatpants {for you} and pj's { for the other three}. You commented that you already have that book and offered to give it to Lillie's classroom at school. What a wonderful, thoughtful thing to do! I'm very proud of you for that!

Lastly, you had a well-child check up this week. At 9 years and 3 months old, you are 49 1/2 inches tall and weigh 51.2 lbs. And, you only yelped once when you got the flu shot. =)

I love you!

Mom

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Maggie,

On Monday, I took you and Allie to the doctor for a well- check and a flu shot. At 7 1/2 years old, you are 45 1/2 inches tall and weigh 45.2 lbs. You were insistent on going first when they came to prick your finger to check your hemoglobin. So, when it came time for the flu shot and Allie wanted to go first, I said that was only fair and let her go first. Because you didn't get to go first, you refused to move to get in the spot and lay down to get a shot in your leg. I had to literally pick you up, undress you and force you to lay on the table. Where you screamed you head off while the nurse gave you the flu shot. Honey, I don't like shots at all, but what in the world?!!?

I probably need to apologize for laughing through the whole thing. I didn't mean to laugh. The whole thing just struck me as funny for some reason. So, I'm sorry for that.

I love you!

Mom

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Lillie,

You are one of stubbornest people I have ever met. It's quite possible you got that from me. When you don't want to do something, you hunker down and it is next to impossible to get you to change your mind. This doesn't bode well for you in regards to obedience to Daddy and I. We are working on learning about respect and obedience with you.

You are also one of the sweetest girls EVER!!!! Last Sunday, you went to a birthday party of a classmate. You girls were given a tiara and a wand at the party. At the end of the party, a little girl couldn't find her tiara. I was so proud of you for giving her the one off of your head.

I also want to tell you how much I love it when you tell me you love me in sign language every night! I also love it when you scratch my back.

I love you!

Mom

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Brady,

ALL of a sudden you aren't a baby anymore!! Your face is changing and looking much more 'boyish' and a lot less 'babyish'. AND last Sunday, I got you dressed in a longall that you had worn on Christmas Eve that had to be rolled up 2 inches (at least). This time --- it not only couldn't be rolled up, it was TOO SHORT!! {I'm sorry you had to wear it anyway, we were running late.} I just can't believe you are getting so big and are not much of a baby anymore.

Please stop growing.

I love you!
Mommy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Ken,

I loved the beautiful roses you sent me on Friday. They are gorgeous and smell divine. Thank you. I love surprises. I also loved date night on Friday. Life has been so crazy busy for us, that for a while now, if we were lucky enough to have a night without anywhere to be, we just stayed home. I'm so glad that this week, we went on a date. Let's do more of that. I cherish that time with you.

I also want to tell you how proud I am of you. I'm proud of the way that you lead this church God has brought us to. I'm proud of the way you relate to your children. I'm proud of you when you preach God's word every weekend! I'm proud of the man that you are and who you are still becoming in God!

I love you!!!! {and did I say, I'm proud of you?!!!?}
Mindy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

in HIM-


1 comment:

Kelly said...

Such beautiful letters!

I especially love the way your recognize the unique personalities of each child:-) How great to see your oldest recognize that she doesn't like crafting, and being ok with buying her own. I love it when my girls know themselves... so often they will come to terms with themselves before I can!

Sweet, sweet girl to give up her tiara, and you will be so glad you wrote about it. I find that those are the moments I look back on the most fondly, but too often fail to record.

Have a blessed week!