Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday Letters - Jan. 30, 2011



Dear Allie,

On Monday afternoon, since it was a snow day, you and I went to run some errands in Asheville. It was a wonderful Mom & Allie date! We shopped some, ate at Olive Garden (your favorite) and talked some. I especially enjoyed our conversation about you listening for God to talk to you. You said God speaks to you in a deep voice. Honey, I believe that He does and I love that you are listening! And I loved getting to spend some time with you all by ourselves! I cherish every moment of it!

LOVE YOU SWEET GIRL! Mom

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Dear Maggie,

I've been talking to all of you kids a lot this week about "how we listen". The answer to that is "right away, all the way and with a happy heart." After a particularly rough week, Thursday evening, you came into the kitchen and said "Mom, I have a song to sing to you." I assumed you would sing something you learned in school. Instead, you began to sing a song you made up......It went something like this.....(not exact, but pretty close)

"I know what the bible says. Listen right away, all the way and with a happy heart. SO, I'm sorry Mom and I am going to try to listen to you and do what you say......and it went on from there.

It really was one of the sweetest things I've ever heard. Because, it said to me that you had been thinking about the conversations we had been having all week.

YOU ARE A BLESSING, LOVE~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Dear Lillie,

You told me that on Thursday you got your "magic number" under the bee 8 times at school that day. I asked what, exactly, that meant. You said that it meant you were caught doing something good. I asked what you had done and you said you couldn't remember all of them but that twice it was for being a good friend to your classmates. I love that, Lillie! What a wonderful thing that you are being so kind and loving to your classmates!!! YOU ARE SUCH A SWEETIE!(now can you be that kind to your sisters and brother?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Brady,

This week as you were leaving school one day, you literally stopped and went back to give Olivia a kiss goodbye. According to your teachers, you two kiss and hug on one another every day. Miss Kandi and I have discussed this and while it is fine for now (it's really cute and super sweet)....in about 10 years, we aren't going to be quite as happy about it. I just have to laugh though, because on Friday, when I asked what you did at school, you said "O-li-ia hit me.".....watch out for those girls, son! They are a finicky sort! ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Ken,

It's been a rough week, hasn't it? Parenting issues have run rampant and life's just been busy. Here's hoping for a better week this week.....(and maybe a date?)

love you!!!!






In HIM-



1 comment:

madhu said...

Cool and interesting blog. thanks for sharing!

Letters