Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Friends and Family

When I was home the week after Christmas, hubs and I went out to dinner with some friends of mine. When I was in college, I worked at a Christian Camp. I absolutely loved working there. The friends you make at camp are like none other. Since you are together 24/7 at least 5 days a week, you get to know one another really well. When life as a "grown up" gets hard -- when marriage is hard, when church is hard, when being Mom is hard -- when life is hard -- I, sometimes, miss those carefree days of working at camp. We had the BEST time reminiscing and catching up!

Here are the 6 of us who worked at camp together.
This is Amanda and her husband, Jason.
I'm just going to go ahead and date myself and tell
y'all that Jason was my camper......
yep. I'm old.
This is James and his wife, Sarah.
They just got married this summer.
Aren't they a cute couple!


This is Steven and his family. His wife, Lindsay, also worked at camp . By the time she was on staff, I had moved and only came back to volunteer for a week or so.

These are their twin girls! Aren't they adorable?


This is Jennifer and her husband, Jason.
It was interesting to find out that he sort of, kind of works for my uncle.

I just like this picture of James and our friend Claire.

This is Jennifer, me and Claire.


I cannot tell you how much I miss these folks. There are so many more of our friends that worked with us over the years that I would love to get together!
I think we should make it an annual thing!



*****AND*****
My cousin and his family who've been living in Germany
for the last 3 year (I think it's been 3 years)
came back to the US over Christmas.
We were supposed to have a Family Gathering while they were in,
but that got cancelled.
And then, my Dad offered to drive us the hour and a half from Georgia
to Huntsville, Alabama where my Uncle lives and my cousin was staying.
That was the plan --but because of the snow, we didn't make it over to Georgia
before they had headed north to visit with more family.
SO,
this past Tuesday, they were on their way back to Florida (where they
were flying out of) a stop in Knoxville for the night was planned.
My incredibly hubby agreed that we could drive the two hours there
with the kids to meet them and have supper.
I was so excited!!!
Growing up, my cousins, were my favorite people.
I LOVED all family gatherings and especially
the ones at Christmas time, when my "Cousins from Florida"
were going to be there.
My cousins are still some of my favorite people in the world!
There is NOTHING like family!
SO, getting to see Matt and his wonderful family
made my week!

This is Matt and my hubby with all of our kids.
Yes, we both have 4 kids =)

Matt's wife, Sunny, is so sweet! I love her so much!
This is her and me - with all the kids!
And lastly, this is me with my cousin, Matt and his wife, Sunny.
I love them so much and am SO glad that it worked out to
see them -- even if it was only for a short while.

AND - I am trying to figure out how, while they live in Europe,
I can get over there for a visit!!!!
Friends and Family do so much for the soul, don't they?
They do for mine, anyway!!!
in HIM-
-

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Looks like you were at Big River? I wish you could get to church some time when you're down here. My kids would LOVE to see your kids again!