Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Vision That Never Is..

Every year I have the same vision. I want to get the "perfect" picture of the kids to put in the Christmas Card.
And every year, I end up taking countless numbers of pictures to get one that turns out
at least ok. Meaning all 4 kids are at least looking at the camera.
Usually, I start as soon as I get the Christmas decorations out and take lots of different pictures.
Because it usually takes multiple tries to get one shot that go
out with the Christmas cards.

This year, I started too late and tried to get a picture one day last week.

I tried real hard to get the girls excited about it. Told them we were going to have a fashion show with their new Christmas outfits. They were excited....

for about 10 minutes.

I took 75 shots that day and NONE of them were keepers....

Every year, getting a picture for the Christmas Card is typically one of the worst days of the year. (Very stressful for me).

Because of my tardiness in even attempting pictures this year, I gave up on my vision and decided to just use a pictures we had from a few weeks ago in our card.....

Merry Christmas from my family to yours!!!

In HIM-


5 comments:

Devin said...

I think that is an amazing family picture!! :)

Merry Christmas to you too, Mindy!

Wendy said...

The one you chose is great! But I also like the first one on this post. :)

Also, Christmas Vacation was the movie we watched. We had to do some bleeping because of the occasional language, but they really liked it and Tad and I love it. Drennan apparently thinks the 80s is caveman time. ha!

Deidre said...

Well, I love the one you chose. It's beautiful.

Oh, and B's face in that second picture is priceless.

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Oh my, I bet it IS difficult! I have a hard time getting good pictures with just my one little guy now that he's active. Your family is absolutely adorable!! What precious pictures, even the ones that didn't turn out the way you wanted. Merry Christmas to your sweet family! :)

Ginger said...

These made me LOL! Lillie is such a poser! :) And Brady is totally cracking me up in most of them! He looks like he is either picking his nose or trying to put the Christmas ball up his nose in that 2nd one!