One of the books I am currently reading is A Beautiful Offering by Angela Thomas. It is a great book!!!! I love Angela Thomas -- she is someone that I wish I could be friends with in real life. She seems to exude godliness AND authenticity and I want it all to rub off on me as those are my two biggest goals.
In this book, there is a chapter about being a peacemaker --- you know ---The Beatitudes!!!
Here is what she says that a woman who is a peacemaker looks like............
1. She has surrendered her life to God and she's not mad about it. She is learning to trust Him with the outcome and , even beyond trust, she anticipates that His plan will be more exciting and better than she could have imagined.
2. She tends the hearts of those she loves. Petty details decline in value. Love matters more.
3. She is beginning to see what counts for eternity and gives her attention accordingly.
4. She is interruptible.
5. She looks into the eyes of neighbors and strangers and the goofy friends of her kids and see the person who wants to be loved and valued and applauded.
6. She understands that life doesn't always turn out right and people don't turn out right and just about everything needs to be covered with forgiveness.
7. She is slow to mumble stupid words of discouragement.
8. She considers when it is appropriate to become angry.
9. She is way past appearances and pretenses.
10. She surrounds herself with passionate contentment.
AS opposed to a woman who isn't a peacemaker:
1. She will compromise her offering just to make people happy. She might be a "peaceful" doormat or a punching bag or scapegoat.
2. She closes her eyes to injustice.
3. She is timid and insecure.
4. She is a grudge keeper.
5.She makes companions of those who lack integrity.
6. She runs from confrontation and resolution. Then again, she can be a fighter.
7. She looks for the negative in the people she meet and the situations she encounters.
8. She is anxious and fearful, looking disappointment and expecting the worst.
9. She is one complaining, whiney-baby person.
10. She is prone to gossip and slander.
11. She inclines her head toward rumors.
12. She night be funny, but she is miserable ad leaves you feeling gloomy or sad.
13. She is painfully self-centered and easily frustrated.
14. She might say that the cup is half empty, with a hold in the bottom, leaking fast.
15. She can't see past next week, much less anticipate what might count in heaven.
16. The little stuff eats her lunch and derails her attitude.
WOW. wow. wow. wow...... I can see a LOT of things in me that says I am not the peacemaker I want to be.......
What about you? Are you a Woman of Peace?