So, Lisa at The Preacher's Wife is hosting a scavenger hunt for all of us others who are "Married to the Ministry. This is the last day to play along. Hope I get my name in on time!!!!
Here are the questions and answers =)
1. Name ---- My real first name is Melinda. But everyone calls me Mindy.
2. State and Country of Residence -- I live in North Carolina these days. But Georgia will always be my home....(don't tell my hubby ;) ). Both of those are in the good ole USA.
3. Husband's Ministry Title-- ummm....slave. NO, sorry. Senior Pastor
4. Length of Time in Current Ministry Location -- We've been in this little mountain town for 1 year and almost 5 months now.
5. Children? Gender and ages? I have three very dramatic girls ages 8,6, and almost 5. I also have 1 very much all boy -- he's 14 months old.
6. Number of unique homes I've lived in during my marriage? They've ALL been unique -- they are parsonages of course......we've lived in 3.
7. Cook Sunday lunch or eat out? Well - I prefer to eat out but a lot of times I can't convince hubby that it's the thing to do so we eat sandwiches.....I never cook Sunday lunch.
8. Typically on time for Sunday School or not? Well - since I attend the 9 am service, then yes - I'm on time for Sunday School. Whether or not I'm on time for the 9 AM worship service remains to be seen.
9.Favorite TV Show. Hmmmm. This one is hard for me. I love NCIS and hubs and I like to watch The Big Bang Theory.
10. Something I watch/like/do that I would never tell church people? Well. Let's see.....every once in a while I get a hankering to watch Days of Our Lives just to see who is still on there and what is happening in good ole Salem.
11. Most annoying church related pet peeve. People who expect things from hubs and I that they don't do in return. Meaning.....that PW never calls me and asks me to go to the movies.....and yet -- they've never asked me either. Also -- people who don't like us just because we aren't someone else and yet they've not tried to get to know us. this might be a bit of a sore spot for me so we will move on now....
12.One thing I need to throw away but can't bring myself to do it. LEFTOVERS! I hate pouring out leftovers from the fridge.....i make hubby do it.
13. The one food I cannot live without....I don't know. I Like all food!!!! I love Reece's PB Cups and Peanut M&M's but they don't come into my house much -- lest I be the size of a house.
14. Parsonage or I have my own home.....parsonage.....but long to one day have my own home.
15. Freak when the doorbell rings or always ready for visitors? Are you kidding me? FREAK!!!! And by freak I mean I might not answer the door at all!!!!!
There it is. Feeling a little cheeky today ladies. Can't wait to read the rest of the posts!
in HIM --