Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas 2008





On Christmas Eve, we always allow the kids to open one gift. It is always pajama's. I'm not sure that they've figured that out yet. At any rate, they are excited about having new pj's. We let Dad open B's for him. This year the girls got new pink pj's with candy all over them and B got train pj's.
We opened the pj's, ate supper, put on the new pj's and got ready to head to our Christmas Eve service at 7PM. The early Christmas Eve service is more family oriented so kids are encouraged to wear their pj's to church. My girls love getting to do that. It also makes getting into bed late easier. The service was wonderful. Three different people sang special music for us, hubs had some things to say ( of course), we shared communion and lit candles. It was all wonderful but a little high stress for me, since all three of the girls wanted to light candles of their own. I was a bit worried that the preacher's family was going to burn the church down.....
After the service, I took the kids home and they wanted to watch The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. I really wanted them to go to bed since I had so much to do but I compromised and allowed them to stay up for a while. Daddy came home for a bit before he had to be back for the 11PM service and they watched the movie and ate popcorn together. (Thanks Nana and Grandpap for the bucket of popcorn. It was a hit!)
I let them stay up for a while but about 9:30, Daddy put them to bed before heading back to church.
While he was gone, I wrapped presents, did stockings and began to prepare for Christmas morning. K got home about midnight and we finished getting ready for the big guys visit and went to bed about 1:30 AM.....
It was a very late night......

And a very early morning......A got up about 5 AM but K got her to go back to bed for a bit. We we all got up about 7. I really couldn't go back to sleep after A came in so I finally got up and made coffee and got ready for the morning.

A got Molly (the American Doll), a new bracelet, and an MP3 player from Santa.








She loves them all. She wanted Molly because Molly has glasses. No, A doesn't have glasses herself....I'm not sure why that was important. She has listened to her MP3 player A LOT since she got it. It has lots of Disney music on it. Here is a picture of her new bracelet.


M got the Josafina American Doll, Polly Pocket Sunny Day (which has too many tiny pieces), and this My Little Pony Baby. His name is Pinkie Pie and he crawls and talks.....she loves him! She picked Josafina because she had earrings AND a necklace ( not surprising because M is such a fasionista.) Did you notice that Josafina doesn't come with a necklace? That is part of the accessories package....she wasn't happy about that. She will receive the accessories from some one soon though.


L got the Elizabeth American Doll, Ponyville Carnival and this Sleepin' Booty Katar (Sleeping Beauty Guitar). She love it!





Santa brought B a sorting game, a fun
ball and a Bumbo seat. This picture doesn't
show it but he really does like them. The ball
anyway and I am sure as he sits up better
he will like the Bumbo seat.







I got K some games for the Wii and he got me the Wii fit.......for a Wii that we hadn't received yet....
After gifts, we ate brunch and headed out the door to drive the 3 1/2 hours to Greensboro to celebrate with K's dad and family.
More on this tomorrow as this post is already way too long.....have a great day.

7 comments:

Sherry said...

What a nice Christmas! I love the American Girl dolls! Good job, Mom and Dad!

Christi said...

I love your Christmas pictures! We generally don't take Christmas morning pictures. None of us are morning people and the bed hair is not something you want remembered in photographs.

You will have to tell me if you like the Wii Fit. We don't have that yet.

Deidre said...

Oh, I love all the pictures. Looks like such a fun day. I LOVE the dolls, too. Don't you want to just play with them yourself?

So glad you had a good day, Minday!

Lisa said...

What a great Christmas. B is getting SO big! All of the kids are just beautiful!!

Cheryl said...

So glad y'all had a great Christmas.
I'm home for one night and then we're heading out for a few days to my grandparents farm. I hope to post pics later this week. I am trying to upload a video to tell everyone the sex of the baby before we leave!

Happy New year!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I'm not sure, but I think my daughter got the same pj's. Got mine from Gymboree (i think...). Sounds like a very busy day. Mine nearly did me in. At 4:00 PM, the parents, inlaws and others were still sitting around the dining room table after I'd cooked and cleaned for them. Without any hesitation, I lay down on the couch in their presence and went to sleep. They left soon afterwards.

Whew...glad to pack up that day, although a good time was had by all.

Happy New Year, friend. Find some rest when you can.

peace~elaine

A Gracious Plenty said...

Hey Mindy!

As a mom-blogger myself, I came to check out your blog (again!)...Those are great photos from Christmas Eve and Christmas Day...and I was thrilled to see that you posted a photo of your daughter wearing her new bracelet! I hope she loves it and enjoys it for many years.

Blessings to you and your dear ones in 2009!

Michelle