It went like this:
A: Can we all go to Martha's Park on Friday night?
Me: I think we can do that- it will be fun.
A: I didn't want A. (my daughter) to be bored.
And our weekend was definitely NOT boring! We were busy all weekend long. On Friday evening we did go with A., her mom and her sister to the park and play in the water.
This is the best park around. I know that I say that every time I mention it -- but it really is awesome. It is one of the things I will miss most about this little town.
Our weekend was FULL of water fun. On Saturday we attended two birthday parties -- both were pool parties. In between parties, we went to a small festival a town near by was having where my hubby was doing a civil war living history event. This is the first time I've taken my girls to see one of these but I knew that hubby would like it if we came. When we arrived the Living History event had already started so we sat down to watch. They were all three sitting beside me to start with but all three ended up behind me when the shooting started. Every time a shot was fired, all three of my girls ducked behind me. But the thing that really scared my middle daughter was when they demonstrated to rebel yell. Her comment was " I am leaving! Let's get! in! the car! NOW!"
Quite frankly, it was pretty scary sounding and if I had been in the federal army during the civil war, the rebel yell might have sent me running back home myself.
After the birthday parties, we went to a friend's house for a little more water fun.
Needless to say, by the time we got ready for bed Saturday night - we were ALL ready for bed!
Then yesterday, was church of course. Followed by a pot luck dinner for our Christian Educator. Yesterday was his last day. He is leaving to continue his education and to do what he feels God is calling him to do.
After the dinner was our third birthday party of the weekend. It was at our church on the playground with yet more water fun!
We had a great weekend but quite frankly, I am ready for a few down days. I don't think those days are coming any time soon because here is my to- do list for this week.
2. Have house clean enough this afternoon for Parsonage chairperson to come and have the carpet cleaning people give her an estimate. As clean as it can possibly be with boxes sitting everywhere anyway.
3. Order pictures online.....do any of ya'll have months worth of pictures that need to be ordered? Digital has made it way to easy for me never to get copies made of my pictures.
Get prescription refilled.
5. Clean House
6. Girls haircuts tomorrow afternoon.
7. Prepare for bible study on Sunday
8. Pre - K Graduation and Awards day - Wednesday
9. Kindergarten Graduation - Thursday
10. Pack my clothes plus children's clothing for conference trip this weekend. 2 nights for everyone.
11. Pack girls clothes for trip to friends home next week since I will be gone most of the weekend.
12. Dr. Appointment in new town on Friday morning since it is near where the conference is.
13. Come home from Conference on Sat. Girls go to Parent's Night Out. I am getting a date Saturday night if it kills me!!!!
14. Church on Sunday
15. Drive girls to friends house on Sunday -- 1 1/2 hour away.
16. Meet with bible study group - Sunday.
Not to mention suppers, general house keeping, and oh yeah - since we move in about 3 weeks --
packing, packing, packing. OH - and the 50 + thank you notes I really need to get finished and mailed THIS WEEK!!!! And having a 3 year old and a one year old to entertain through it all.
SO, if I am not around much this week, you will understand why. However, there will be many photo op's this week with two graduations and going here for a conference. So, maybe I can get some posted.
And I will be back on Friday to let you know who wins the two books I have to giveaway. Don't forget to go leave comments on those posts - here and here -- so you can be entered into the drawing.
Have a great week everyone!