Pages

Monday, November 12, 2007

Free Pie for your best Cold Remedy!

Well, all this going and going has FINALLY caught up with me I suppose. My throat is scratchy. My head has been hurting. My nose is stuffy and runny --at different times of course. I have a bit of a cough. My body aches.
Yes, it seems I am coming down with a cold. yuck!!!!
So, I am asking all you girls out there in blogland to give me your best remedies for a quick recovery ---- like back to 100% in 4 days.
I gotta go out of town again on Friday. All the help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

And of course the cold is here on a day when all of my girls are here since it is Veteran's Day and there is no school. I am glad they are here -- just wish I wasn't feeling so out of sorts. But God is providing humor for me through them.

While fixing their lunches, they asked for some banana.

I said "These banana's are rotten. I will have to get more soon and throw these away."

M. (age 4) responds, "I know what you can do with those banana's. You can make Rotten Banana Pie."

"I don't think anyone is gonna want to eat Rotten Banana Pie."

"Uh-huh, my teacher told me. "

I'm wondering a bit what she is learning in her Pre - k class at this point. =)

Do we have any takers on the pie?

Anyway - ya'll have a good Monday! Looking forward to your remedies - so hit me with your best shot!

6 comments:

e-Mom said...

Absolutely the best cold remedy I've found is deoderized garlic capsules. (Kyolic brand is one example.) Also, try echinacea and zinc. You should be able to find all of these in your neighborhood health food store, or even the local drug store. I hope you're feeling better soon!

Blessings, e-Mom

Cyndi said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you're catching a cold! I have found that Zicam does work to help make it shorter. I'll pray you get through it soon and that no one else catches it!

And, thanks for the offer of the pie, but, um... I'm trying to cut down. ;)

RealEstateGirl said...

Hey Mindy!

Just checking in after being away for a while!!! And I'm not staying long in case you're contagious!!! ;-)

When I start feeling bad, plop, plop, fizz, fizz...oh what a relief it is!!! I reach for the Alka Seltzer and it does the trick sista!

Suck it up and drink it down! You'll be glad you did!

Hang in there!

Tracey

Karen said...

I said a prayer for you!
Take care,
Karen
http://thetagblog.blogspot.com/

Deidre said...

So sorry you're not feeling well, Mindy! We missed you at bible study last night. I hope you feel better soon. Oh yeah, Zicam works really well.

Our Family of Five said...

Here's a remedy from Susan Branch, and I quote:

"Put a shot of Jack Daniel's in a big mug, add a teaspoon of honey, the juice of one lemon, and fill it with boiling water. Rub vicks on your chest, tie a sock around your neck, put cotton in your ears, get your kitty & go to bed with the clicker. When you feel well enough to eat, have Campbell's chicken noodle soup, buttered saltines, & 7-up."

Okay, I have no idea what in the world a clicker is or what good tying a sock around your neck does, but everything else sounds like pretty good advice! :)

I just stumbled upon your blog via someone else's. I love your blog design. Very cool! God Bless!