Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Retreat




Hi everybody. I just wanted to post a little bit about my trip to the mountains last weekend.


First of all - it was B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.


Because of the dryness this year, I was really afraid that the leaves weren't going to put on much of a show. BUT I was wrong. They've been brilliant this year! Just look how pretty this picture is from the Blue Ridge Parkway. It really doesn't do the leaves justice - but just trust me. They were awesome!




We had a great time shopping at the shops in Blowing Rock, eating fabulous food at the Mellow Mushroom and at Tijuana Fats.

We studied a chapter in our book - Shepherding A Child's Heart that could certainly stimulate a lot of debate. It was all about realizing that as parents God calls us to "be an authority" over our children. It was a great chapter and even though we were all exhausted we had lots of good discussion.

We spent one evening playing board games -- it was tons of fun playing cranium without the element of competition there (which is usually there when playing with the men I know) =)

We laughed and talked and worked on solving the worlds problems -- or just the problems in our own little worlds -- It was awesome girl time!

We even got to worship together as we attended church there in Blowing Rock on Sunday morning. We missed our families but we also dawdled as long as possible on Sunday afternoon before heading home.

It was much needed refreshment. We set out for home looking forward to seeing our children and hubby's again.

So, on this Thankful Thursday --

I just want to say Thank you so much to my VW girls. If you are reading this, you all help keep me grounded and sane! I cannot wait for another weekend retreat. I love you girls!!! I'd post a picture of us all together but I don't have everyone's permission to do so.....maybe some other time.

Have a very great day and go on over to Crystal's for more thankful thursdays!
We are headed out of town again tomorrow -- so see ya next week!

10 comments:

ellen b said...

That's great that you were able to get away and be refreshed. God knows are needs and gives us so much. Blessings...

Crystal said...

So glad you were able to get away to rest and reflect on God's word! I love the picture, it looks like a relaxing place!
Thanks for sharing this week!
Blessings

lori said...

I too am always THANKFUL for those YUMMY Mellow Mushroom pizzas!
peace!
lori

Melissa said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time and it was definitely a weekend to be thankful for!

God bless!

Denise said...

Glad you had such a lovely time, be blessed.

Deidre said...

Yum! I love the Mellow Mushroom. Mandy and I ate their with our families just a few weeks ago. What a neat time you had!

Angie said...

That sounds like the BEST retreat! Time away and spent with the Lord is time well spent!
I have been so busy--I have missed visiting with you !!!
Have a blessed weekend!

The Preacher's Wife said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful time...Sounds like a blast! :)

Lisa

A Place For Ministry Wives said...

I'm so glad you had fun and I'm jealous of your trip! :-0

Elaine said...

Missed you at biblestudy this past week. I am glad to see that amongst the busy time of year you are taking time out for you!