Pages

Friday, November 16, 2007

Another Pitfall of Parsonage Living

OK. SO - today is Friday. Obvious I know, but what you don't know is that Friday is my down day.

I do not babysit on Fridays, so I revel in having hubs take A. and M. to school while I stay with L. and sit in my pj's, robe, and slippers drinking my coffee. I like to check in with all of you guys and enjoy some down time. You know what I mean?

Well, this morning at exactly 8:46 AM, while I am sitting at our computer in my pj's, robe and slippers with my coffee with hazelnut creamer catching up with all of you guys, I hear someone pull into our driveway.

I look out the window to see the the pest control man in his truck.

Can I tell ya'll that I have NEVER been more mortified in my life. Besides being in my leopard print pj's, my blue robe and my fuzzy pink slippers -- I must also mention that I lacked the appropriate underwear to be receiving company.

AND - my house looks like a tornado blew threw this morning and left a ton of wreckage in it's wake. There are a million dishes in the sink from breakfast and from the popcorn snack hubs and I had last night and I didn't even wipe off the table after we ate breakfast......
NOT to mention that we got home late last night so the girls didn't have the change to clean up their rooms and play room after playing all afternoon in them.

Literally, a bomb could have gone off in this house and there would be less mess.......

I also, in my great genius, opted to call up my husband at his office and hiss at him that no one told me that the pest control man was coming to our house this morning instead of putting on the proper underwear before opening the door. Probably a bad decision all around.

Needless to say, pest control man was so embarrassed that he asked for my number so that next time he is to come to this parsonage --- he will call here first.

Honestly, I don't think I am ever going to be able to see that man without being utterly humiliated ever again.

oh.

what a way to start a Friday.
hope it gets better.

now, if ya'll will excuse me -- I gotta go get showered and dressed and ready for the day before someone else shows up around here.

Chalk it all up to living in a parsonage I suppose. The fishbowl doesn't take my embarrassment into consideration.

7 comments:

Deidre said...

Oh no, Mindy. Parsonage or not, that sounds like something that would happen around here.

I hope things are better for you this afternoon. I got your comment on my post. You're in my prayers. Remember those scriptures!

Love you,
Deidre

Cheryl said...

I also drink coffee in the mornings with hazlenut. I love the taste. My daughter also drinks it and when we run out we are both very ill!!! HA! Hope your day got much better. God Bless!

Cyndi said...

Oh, my! Loved that visual, though. You crack me up!

I hope your "down day" picked up a little after that, LOL. Have a super, pest-free weekend! :)

Janelle & Ella said...

Mindy, I got the bow holder and it is ADORABLE!! I LOVE it!! Thank you so much. It's perfect for her room. I am going to take a picture and put it on my blog. I have some friends that have girls that will probably want one. :-)
Thanks again!!

Merrie said...

I'm laughing because that has happened to me - more than once. I am guilty of not answering the door, though. At one wonderful appointment I had a "dear" lady who called every morning at 6:45 just to "chat"... like IF we WERE up at that time, it would not be to chat, it would be for prayer, devotion, getting ready because we HAD to be some place... not to just chat. Besides that, if we didn't answer the house phone, she would call the church phone (which also rang at the parsonage.
You gotta love those sheep!

e-Mom said...

Oh no, I hear your humiliation! I've decided NOT to answer the door when I'm not expecting anyone. It may seem rude, but these days, you just never know who might be on the other side. :~D

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

Blessings, e-Mom

Karen said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
Karen
http://thetagblog.blogspot.com/