Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I AM - Lesson 14


Well, here we are again! Time for lesson #14 . It is hard to believe that the whole thing is almost done. What will we post about and discuss on Wednesdays?

Here are the burning questions of today.....

1. We talked of the importance of encouragement when God has called us to task. Has a lack of encouragement or even ridicule ever taken you back to a place of insufficiency you thought you had conquered? I have to say that I don't think I've been driven back to a place of insufficiency because I think I am still working to a place that I don't feel insufficient. That is one of the devil's easiest ways to get to me and I think one of the ways he tries (over and over) to convince me that I'm not "saved" -- because he knows that I already feel insufficient and so he tries to keep me there. I am working with the Lord to get out of this "pit" and become more than a conqueror IN HIM!!!

2. Is there someone you know right now who is attempting a new ministry that could use a world of encouragement from you? Why do you think this thing may be scary for her? Will you commit to write a note, make a call, or send an email with a dose of courage inside? I don't know about this one. I will have to think about it. I don't know many folks who are starting new ministries......Actually the Lord just brought someone to mind and I WILL promise to send an encouraging word her way!

3. Read Moses' song in Exodus 15:3-18. What line speaks to you most? Why does it touch you? Today it is verses 11 - 13 that touch me most --

"Who among the gods is like you, O Lord? Who is like you- majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders? You stretched out your right hand and the earth swallowed them. In our unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed. In your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling."

WOW!!! I love these words! I even have the last part(vs 13) already underlined in my bible. It is an awesome promise isn't it? There is NO ONE like HIM and he leads ME with his unfailing love and guide ME with his strength. What a promise to hang onto!!!!

4. Based on the applications of living either inside or outside the Promise, where would you now say you currently reside? I am just going to be REAL here and say I'm a little unsure. I do struggle with unbelief and my prayer almost daily is "Lord, heal my unbelief". While I do believe that I accepted the salvation of the Lord long ago....the devil tries to keep me from believing it. And, unfortunately he has had (and continues to have) some success in telling me this lie. Which means that maybe I'm just in the desert and not in either place.........because the unbelief problem would mean I'm outside the promise and yet the devils lies that are keeping me from my full effectiveness would be living inside the promise? I'm just a little confused! =)

5. If you are 'Somewhere in the Middle' between the girl you were and the one you want to be, how do you plan on changing that? Is there a barrier you feel you can't climb? Knowing God is for you and this study group is for you, is there a way we can help? From what I said in the last question, I think we all know I am somewhere in the middle....My plan for changing that ? Continue to press on with the Lord, praying -studying - learning -- TRUSTING- choosing those things each day. My barrier is trust but I think I am climbing it - inch by inch--- or somedays millimeter by millimeter.... How can you help? PRAY that the Lord will heal my unbelief and heal my anxiety and fear that go right along with it!

THANKS prayer warriors!!!

Have a blessed Wednesday!!!! Gotta go get to the housework of the day!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Mindy,
I definitely know what it's like to deal with anxiety, fear and trust issues. In the interest of space, if you get a chance, stop by my ministry site at:
www.deeperimpactministries.org/aboutthisministry.htm

I share about my struggle with fear. God has been faithful to me and helped me build my trust in Him and His sovereignty. I still pray often that God will help me take each step in faith. I had days where choosing trust in Him was a moment by moment task. It wasn't always easy. I still have times when I have to make that choice to trust. It is a choice. And God can help us not only make that choice but also God can give us the strength to put the foot forward and walk in that choice to step in faith.
I truly believe the faith-filled life is an ongoing journey. I think we will always receive opportunities to choose to believe Him. And He will always be right there with us helping us to walk in faith.
May God bless you as you strive to trust God and walk in faith!
Karen
http://thetagblog.blogspot.com/

Kay the Encourager said...

Thank you for your encouragement. You did a good job with encouraging words. Encouragement is my passion, because I know it makes a difference for me! Who knows what tragedy could next be avoided if we take the time to encourage our fellow sojourners on the oftentimes tough path of life.
For more on encouraging others, plese see How to encourage
Would you consider adding my blog to your blogroll? http://howtoencourage.blogspot.com/

MiPa said...

Beautiful answers from a beautiful heart. Thank you for sharing. Bless your week.

Denise said...

Praying for you sweetie.

Susanne said...

I loved your answer to #3. Makes me think of that Chris Tomlin song, "Unfailing Love". I am praying for you, sweet sister!