Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

To Remember My Savior

As I was reading my bible this morning in Mark 14, I was reading the account of Mary anointing Jesus' head with oil. And about the indignation of the disciples to what she was doing. Mary believed that Jesus was to die for her in a way the disciples apparently didn't understand. They were appalled that she used such an expensive bottle of oil. And she didn't just pour a little bit of the oil, she poured it ALL on Jesus' head. Mary was deeply devoted to Jesus and took the opportunity to show it. The commentary that I was reading held this quote.


“Nothing puts life into men like a dying Savior. Get you close to Christ, and carry the remembrance of him about you from day to day, and you will do right royal deeds. Come, let us slay sin, for Christ was slain. Come, let us bury all our pride, for Christ was buried. Come, let us rise to newness of life, for Christ has risen. Let us be united with our crucified Lord in his one great object - let us live and die with him, and then every action of our lives will be very beautiful.” (Spurgeon)

Wow.

OH, that I would remember every moment of every day that Jesus died for me! I wonder if it wouldn't change a LOT of the things I do. Like when someone I really don't care for comes along if I would remember Jesus on the cross for me maybe I would be reminded to love that person like Christ loved me..........and change my attitude toward that one?
OR when someone says something that really bugs me and I'm about to let my mouth just open and start running, if I remember Jesus on the cross for me would it shut my big mouth?
Or when I feel someone has wronged me over some small or big thing, if I remember Jesus on that cross for me would I forgive instead of feeling like I want to seek revenge in some way?
Or when my children are driving me crazy and I am about to lose my patience with them and yell, if I would remember Jesus on the cross for me would I take a moment a collect myself and respond differently?
Or when my husband isn't doing the things I just really think he should be doing, if I remember Jesus on the cross for me would I let it go and love him more?

These are just a few of the things that came to me as I regard this quote. This is the desire of my heart. To live and die and remember Jesus on the cross FOR ME in every moment of every day so that my life will glorify him in all that I do or say.

Let it be, Lord. Let it be!

What about you? What is this quote saying to you?
I'd LOVE to hear from all of you (don't be a lurker!). There is much to be learned from one another. Speak on and share! I'd love to learn from you!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Mindy, it's about 5 o'clock here...almost time to go home...I popped over here for a quick look to see if you'd posted anything new...and low and behold through your voice, the Lord spoke to me about the "attitude" I had just had. If only I could keep that clear picture of Jesus giving His life for me. I am afraid sometimes that I take His love for granted....just by not recognizing it all day long! It should be constantly on my heart and mind....we're constantly on His. Undoubtedly.
This was truly a blessing to me today. Thanks for sharing :)

ADELE said...

This is the first time I have visited your blog and I can tell you that your post really touched me and encouraged me. I will be back to visit, for sure.