Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Quiet Times

Hi girls!
I was over visiting Deidre, at For Such A Time As This, and she was talking about her quiet time this morning and that got me thinking about my own quiet time.

I have, in the past, gotten up at 5am to do my quiet time ( as it is the only true QUIET time in my house). I LOVE getting up that early as it REALLY DOES make my day better! I usually have a bible study that I am working on that I do during my quiet time. I usually also spend some time in prayer and also pray for hubby using The Power of a Praying Wife book by Stormie O'Martian. (Which I HIGHLY recommend if you don't have it).

Right now though - I am not doing a certain bible study. SO, I've been reading through the bible which I intend to continue but I was wondering about your quiet times with the Lord.

What do you do?
What books do you use? Besides the Bible of course.
How long does it last?
What time of day do you do you quiet time?

I'd love to hear from as many of you as possible because along with reading my bible, I'd love a study book that is good for quiet time reading!

Thanks everybody and thanks Deidre for getting me thinking!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I use a variety of books. Books on marriage, child rearing, service to the Lord etc. I also use a few different blog sites during my devotions. In addition to that,I write my own devotions too.

I would LOVE to spend about an hour or so on my devotions, but not all days work that way. I take time in the morning around 6 or so, then again after 9 pm.

Deidre said...

I posted about what I do today. Right now, I am using Beth Moore's Jesus: 90 Days with the One and Only. OH, and working on SS lessons.

Is tomorrow the big day for your girls? I'll be praying for all of you.