Pages

Monday, July 23, 2007

Worry........and Fear.

How do I give up worry?
How do I lay it down at his feet?
I desperately WANT to have faith and just lay down my worries for him. As I write this I hear, "It's a choice to be made." It's a choice. HARD choice.
Yesterday morning I heard Charles Stanley say that we cannot fret and REST in the Lord at the same time. WELL - I don't want to fret anymore! I want to rest totally in the LORD.

But, ya'll - I have this spirit of FEAR that I cannot seem to get rid of. I don't want to be fearful and I KNOW that this fear isn't from the LORD above. I cannot figure out how to just lay it all down to him and not worry.

Can ya'll pray for me, please? Pray that I can learn to lay down my fear and fully have faith and trust in the LORD above.
Trust isn't something I learned as a girl. I learned NOT to trust. I listen to Beth Moore and see who she has learned to trust in the Lord despite her childhood trauma and that is totally what I want. I want to know without a shadow of a doubt that God hears me, loves me, heals me, will bring me to HIM when I die.
BUT satan has put a fear in me that I cannot seem to get rid of.
I've resisted posting much about this really. Lest anyone see my huge weakness......
but I cannot go on. I NEED some prayers girls.
I think that the more people praying about this the better!
Pray for me this day if you get a chance.
THANKS!

******Edited to add: While this is going to be a journey through fear that is going to be long I think, I can so feel the prayers you all are sending up for me. My day yesterday became better and I did feel HIS peace on me. THANKS and please continue to pray as I fight this battle. I will be an over comer!********

7 comments:

The Preacher's Wife said...

I'm checking in on you before I go walk ... please know I'll be talking to God about you the whole time...

When I went through something similar to this, I believe God led me to ask myself 2 questions and write down the responses.

1. Name specifically what event or circumstance I am afraid of.

2. What is the worse possible thing that could happen if this fear came to pass?

As I wrote down these responses and read them to myself, I was able to see what I was afraid of did not line up with what scripture said I should fear.
Also, as I looked back over my journal during this season, I constantly saw one word - destroy. I believed the reality of my fears would destroy me. Know what God told me? Destruction is not my fate. It is Satan's. What satan is trying to do is assign his fate to us during our time on this earth.

You will not be destroyed Mindy. I still use this from one of our last study lessons - "I am strong, the word of God abides in me, and I have overcome the evil one.." 1 John 2:14...Another great place for reassurance? Read the letters to the churches in the first part of Revelations...Fix upon the parts which say "To he who overcomes" and the promises God gives the churches...

Hang in there girl...you will overcome the world because Jesus did it first in your place...

Please know I love you and am praying THE SPIRIT will break satan's weak spirit of fear in you...What satan is vexing you with is nothing compared to the mighty arm of your God.

Lisa

Deidre said...

Wow! What Lisa said - I could use that myself.

I'm praying for you today Mindy. I, too, can get completely controlled my fear. It's all a mind game really that Satan uses to steal your joy and keep you defeated. Stay in the word today. I'm praying the Holy Spirit covers you today and gives you peace.

Lisa M said...

Mindy ~ I will pray for you. I too struggle with fear so often. I feel like it keeps me from truly living for Him. I know, like the others have mentioned, that it is Satan working on me. Satan also tries to tell me I'm a horrible mom just because my child is different from the average child. This is something I have to take to God all the time. Keep praying and taking it to God. I'll take it to him too. Hang in there! You are loved.

Diann said...

Oh Mindy, I've been praying for you and I will keep on. I told you before that I've dealt with the whole fear thing for several years now and I know, know, know that it is from the enemy trying to keep me from living in all of the fullness that God has for me. I refuse to let the enemy take from me the peace that God gives. If the enemy has a chance he will try to steal all the good things we've been blessed with. So I pray that God will strengthen you to hold tight to His peace and joy and that the enemy won't have even a toe hold into you or your family's life. I know that you will be able to use this in your future counseling position to help other women dealing with the same thing.

Deborah said...

Mindy love I pray that the peace of God surround you today and tonight, that as you find yourself in that spacious place of Gods rest, you will find the victory in the fear, I pray that no weapon formed against you will prosper. My dear friend dont let the enemy steal your joy by bring fear against you.
F - false
E - evidence
A - appearing
R - Real

that is what fear stands for. know I love and treasure you.

love always me

Cyndee@Riezzee's Place said...

I just dropped in today. Your struggles are with the unseen and Jesus is our Savior and King. I agree with the preacher's wife - something that I keep learning myself. My life verse. Matt 6:34 "Do not worry about tomorrow for today has enough worries of its own" (paraphrase). I keep coming back to this verse - that today is the only day that I have any kind of control over and to enjoy the present. Blessings to you and I will say a prayer.

Linda said...

Mindy, I would also add to Lisa's comment: after you figure out the worst case scenario, then ask yourself: "Then what?" After you answer that question, ask it again. Then again. Finally you will see that with God, you WILL be able to handle your circumstances. It's very liberating. Thank you for visitng 2nd Cup. To answer your question, we are a unique youth ministry-it's a 35,000 sq. ft. facility affiliated with the main Oneighty in Tulsa (we're in Indiana). Of course, it's way more than a building with bells and whistles. Be blessed as you conquer your fears through Jesus Christ!