I think in times of feeling pressed down, it is important to be thankful as it is always important to be thankful. It is good for me today to remember my blessings. Today's theme is joy. Here are some of the things that bring me joy this day.
1. I am thankful that the Lord gave me three wonderful gifts in my little girls. Each of them is a blessing to me in many, many ways. Even when they aren't acting as I would like for the too, I should count it as a blessing because it is a teaching moment. I can teach them and the LORD can teach me. My daughters bring me great joy!
2. I am thankful for my husband who seems always able to withstand the battering from the world around us. It seems that someone is always upset with us at church for one reason or another and I am joyful that God gives my hubby such strength to endure.
3. I am also thankful that the Lord gave my hubby to me as an example and a rock in my life. We truly compliment one another and seeing that brings me joy.
4. I am thankful that the Lord is sovereign. I am thankful that I am finally starting to learn this fully and see that HE is in control no matter what. That should be a source of great joy in all of our lives.
5. I am thankful for friends - personal and out there in blogland - who pray for me and talk to the Lord as I am in this current battle. I hope one day you can see the answered prayers and know how much it has meant to me! YOU bring me much joy as I battle through this war. Thank you.
Have a good Thursday.
If you want to join Thankful Thursday, go on over to Sting My Heart and link up!