Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thankful Thursday

I think in times of feeling pressed down, it is important to be thankful as it is always important to be thankful. It is good for me today to remember my blessings. Today's theme is joy. Here are some of the things that bring me joy this day.

1. I am thankful that the Lord gave me three wonderful gifts in my little girls. Each of them is a blessing to me in many, many ways. Even when they aren't acting as I would like for the too, I should count it as a blessing because it is a teaching moment. I can teach them and the LORD can teach me. My daughters bring me great joy!

2. I am thankful for my husband who seems always able to withstand the battering from the world around us. It seems that someone is always upset with us at church for one reason or another and I am joyful that God gives my hubby such strength to endure.

3. I am also thankful that the Lord gave my hubby to me as an example and a rock in my life. We truly compliment one another and seeing that brings me joy.

4. I am thankful that the Lord is sovereign. I am thankful that I am finally starting to learn this fully and see that HE is in control no matter what. That should be a source of great joy in all of our lives.

5. I am thankful for friends - personal and out there in blogland - who pray for me and talk to the Lord as I am in this current battle. I hope one day you can see the answered prayers and know how much it has meant to me! YOU bring me much joy as I battle through this war. Thank you.

Have a good Thursday.

If you want to join Thankful Thursday, go on over to Sting My Heart and link up!

11 comments:

Susanne said...

Wonderful list!! I call my hubby my "rock", too!! You are truly blessed dear sister!! Thanks for sharing...have a blessed day.

ellen b said...

May God continue to give your husband a strong heart to hold up under the pressures of being a pastor and may He guard your heart when you have to see him suffer. Blessings...

Kim said...

WOW...what an amazing list!!! You are an amazing example of my Jesus, and I thank-you for your heart!!

I've been reading your blog for a few months (I've just created my own) and I must say....we are kindred spirits, as my dh and I use to pastor full time...for 12 years.

Know I'm praying that God BLESSES you...and your family as you F-A-I-T-H-F-U-L-L-Y serve him!!
Kim~

Angie said...

When I read your post, I instantly thought of this scripture in 2Chronicles 20:17 NLT
You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you.
Your post blessed me today!

Lynnae (From Under the Clutter) said...

What a beautiful list! It's so hard to see hour husbands have to deal with the pressures of the world. What a blessing that your husband is able to handle it so well and set a good example for your children.

Lisa said...

What a sweet thankful list! I hope you and your family have a wonderfully blessed weekend. :D

Mary said...

Thanks so much for sharing. May God give you both grace as you deal with people and point their hearts to Jesus. Blessings on your day.

Robin said...

From one pastor's wife to another- WAY TO BE THANKFUL!!! You are doing an amazing job and I can tell that you are a great blessing to your husband and his ministry. Thanks for your wonderful list today!

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing such an awesome thankful list sweety.

RealEstateGirl said...

Mindy,
This is a great list and I want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers often.
Much love!
Tracey

NspiredByFaith said...

This is an awesome Thankful list, Mindy! I always love to read your thankfuls, you can really see your heart in them.

Deedra