Lisa, The Preacher's Wife, has been busy as a bee preparing for her mission trip that if memory serves she is headed out for today. So, if you are like me, you've been waiting with baited breath for this lesson. It's here and it is NO disappointment! Lisa doesn't know it but I believe this lesson was really put off by God for a HIS purpose. She might have been busy but God had everything in ordered just as he wanted it to be. This lesson was hard in some ways, but spoke to me and I believe as I go through this day spending time thinking on it, it will continue to speak volumes if I allow the Lord use it!
If you haven't joined this study, go on over to Lisa's and do! It is a good one!
Without further ado, here are the burning questions of the week.
1. When is the last time you encountered a Fist Shaker? This may be a stranger to you or as close as a loved one in your own home. Does anything in our description help you to understand their animosity towards God? Are you able to have more compassion towards them?
As I considered this question, it occured to me that I don't encounter very many Fist Shakers. But I do know one in particular who is close to me. I love what Lisa said about holding her hands so she can stop shaking them at God......that is a great image and a great thing to do for her! I hope I can do that.
I also wonder about the times when *I* might be shaking my own fists at God. Just because I am a Christian - who believes that Jesus came to save me from my own sin, doesn't mean that I don't have moments where I am shaking my fists in anger at GOd. That makes me quite ashamed of myself!
2. Does anything about Rahab's redemption strike a nerve? This may be a question you would like to ponder privately. Sexual sin and/or victimization can be an area where Satan has an enormous stronghold because it can hold so many painful and shameful memories. If Rahab teaches us anything, please know God can redeem any life and any situation, no matter how heinous it seems, and plant you unashamedly 'in the midst of Israel'. Rahab deserved death according to Mosaic Law, however she was shown nothing but lovingkindness by the God and nation of Israel.
As someone who was sexually abused as a child and that led into area's of sexual sin in my own grown up life - yes, Rahab's story strikes a nerve. I guess I haven't really thought a lot about this story before in regards to what it has to do with me. BUT, if she can accept that the LORD above can redeem her life then he can and does redeem mine. Satan does his best to keep me in a place of shame and guilt that says I don't deserve to be redeemed by God. I need to choose to believe that while I will NEVER be good enough - it isn't possible - that God has redeemed my life! The spiritual battle that is raging around me is fierce - but in the LORD I will be a victor! And I believe your prayers are helping !
3. Is there an area of your life in which you feel you have come full circle? Where you've come to a place where everything and nothing are the same? (I'm thinking Lord of the Rings when Frodo goes back to the Shire after his long adventure. You have no clue what I just said if you are not an LOTR nerd so just ignore this if it doesn't make sense! :)
No, I don't think I've come full circle yet. BUT I do think that I may be getting close because the warfare in my life has heated up and I think Satan is doing his best to keep me from becoming who God wants me to be........and wouldn't that be full circle?
4. When you were born again, did you gain a new appreciation for your surroundings as Rahab did when she received the Promise along with the Promised Land? Has some old place, object, or relationship been redeemed by now serving a 'high and holy purpose'?
I am not sure about this one......
5. Believers can still be Fist Shakers. Do you have circumstances in your life in which you find yourself shaking your fist at God? Something He has asked you to endure, asked you to do, seemingly taken away from you? Can you see how shaking your fist is keeping you from your Promise? (I'm not talking eternal security here - Only abundant living.)
As I stated above. I know I can be a Fist Shaker. It keeps me from my promise because it is keeping my from abundant living by keeping me in constant fear. I, with all of your help. am praying my way through it. SLOWLY but surely and I do believe that when I come out on the other side, Satan is going to have taken a bruising because I am going to have learned what it is to FULLY trust, FULLY believe, and FULLY love and focus on my LORD......(If you can't tell this has been the theme in my life for a while and I do believe it is the lesson God is teaching me. I am hoping I learn it quickly because the battle is fierce at times it seems!)
Go on over to Lisa's now to read other's responses and link up to the study yourselves!
Have a great Wednesday! May you (and I) walk with HIM all through this day.