Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Couple of Meme's

I've been tagged lately for two different meme's so I am going to take a few minutes out from housecleaning (I know you all think that is all I do and you would be right.) and before lunch to do them.
The first one came from Kim, at Lifesong. This meme instructs me to list 5 things I love about Jesus. SO, there are many many reasons to love Jesus. These are the first ones to come to mind.....

1. HE had NO problems with speaking the Truth to people and He loved them all. I can easily rattle off to people what they did wrong to me. However, doing it in love and speaking the Truth may not come out of my mouth together. I also tend to avoid conflict (especially with folks that aren't immediate family) so I have a hard time saying to someone that their attitude is sin.
I want to be more like him and LOVE all so that I can help other's in love.

2.HE loves me. He will always love me. He loves me with his agape (in my best interest) love.

3. HE give me life everlasting. What more can one ask for? I remember seeing The Passion of the Christ movie. The whole time I was watching it I kept thinking how UNDESERVING I am of his suffering for my sake. I am sinful and even though hopefully I will become more like him everyday of my life - I will NEVER be sinless. I am in awe of my LORD who suffered for people who won't achieve perfection in this life.

4. HE is my friend. I can talk to him any time I want to! That is awesome!!!

5. HE waters my soul.

And the second meme I was tagged for came from Cyndi, at One Day More. The meme is for me to answer the 5 questions she posed and then come up with 5 more questions and tag more people.....
Here goes:
1. When is a time you felt especially close to God? There are two different times I have felt like I could've touched God he was so close to me. One was when I was on a mission trip with my church to Ecuador. He was there in our devotion time. He was so thick that we could hardly breathe. And we didn't want it to end for sure!
The second time was when I was trying to become a lifeguard. I had learned to swim long ago as a child but I'd never had any swimteam experience or any need to learn strokes of any kind. Nor had I ever had to swim 500yds before at one time. So, I got some help with the strokes but I was very worried about the 500 yards thing. A friend of mine at the camp I was working for -- who was also becoming a lifeguard -- reminded me of this verse. "Philippians 4:13. I can do all things through HIM who strengthens me." Brian, my friend, and I reminded one another of that right before we began the long swim. He finished faster than I and then walked the length of the pool with me - back and forth --as I finished the long swim. Cheering me on and reminding me of our verse!
I KNOW that God did that for me! He was there with Brian and I both that day. It was great!

2. If you could learn another language (easily), what would it be?
If I could learn it easily, I would choose to learn 3 actually. Hebrew and Greek so I could read the bible in it's original text *and understand it*. And then I'd like to learn Aramaic, too. Just to know the language Jesus spoke!

3. What house chore is your least favorite and why? I despise mopping! The reason is I feel like I am not doing any good. Just spreading the dirt and germs around instead of getting rid of them.

4. If you could have any animal (tamed) as a pet, what would it be? A cocker spaniel puppy. I had a cocker as a child and I LOVED that dog and he loved my siblings and I. I'd love to have one to grow up with our girls!

5. What's one thing about your life now that would've surprised the "teenager you" to know? This one is to easy. I'm a preacher's wife. As a teenager I told my then pastor's wife that I would under no circumstances "EVER become a preacher's wife!" OH - that is just one of many times I've had to eat my words!

Here are my 5 questions:

1. Favorite bible character and why (besides Jesus/God)?
2. Favorite book of all time (whatever genre you choose!)?
3. From where you are in life now, what advice would you give the teenager you?
4. What do you believe is God's purpose for you? Is it your job?
5. What is the best thing about your church?


I tag Deborah, Deidre, Lots of Scotts,Tracey, & Ginger. I hereby, tag you to do my 5 questions for sure and if you've not had the What I love about Jesus one, please do it too! =)

9 comments:

Annie said...

Wow! It warms my heart to see you love our Lord very much. Awesome.
Annie

RealEstateGirl said...

hey girlfriend! I'm behind on two other tags (award thingys) but I PROMISE I will do yours too! It may take me a few days, so be patient!

Much love!
Tracey

Deidre said...

Hey Mindy! Thanks for tagging me. I have enjoyed seeing both of these memes around. I'll get to it quickly and let you know when I post it.

Kim said...

I loved reading this, Mindy. Your love for God shines bright in the blogworld!

Kim

Cyndi said...

What great answers! I'm so glad I could, um, "help" you take a break from housework. I am SO there for you... ;) I loved reading this!

Cyndee@Riezzee's Place said...

Mindy-It is good to have both of us back from vacation. Thank you for sharing the meme's and the I AM study! Hope you have a good week.

Cyndee

Deidre said...

Okay, Mindy ... I've posted my answers to the meme. Thanks again for tagging me. :)

Deidre said...

Hi Mindy,
My girls are ages 5 and 2. What are yours?

Where is your husband a pastor? I don't think I knew that.

The Preacher's Wife said...

your answer on the language thing is exactly like mine...i haven't posted mine yet, i gotta do links, but you'll see in a day or two..:)

this was fun reading..and I remember your cocker spaniel btw! :)