Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thankful Thursday


I know we ALL love our kids, but today I have had a day. And it has been some kind of day.
The oldest is 5 going on 16 so she thinks she can tell everyone else what to do - which just leads to fights.
The middle one has not felt well and even has a fever so she is just PLAIN grumpy.
The smallest one is 2 1/2 -- need I say more?

So today here is my list:

**I am thankful for my girls. They are gifts -- no matter how much they drive me crazy on a day like today or how easily I can forget they are gifts on a day like to day --I need the reminder.

**I am thankful for my husband who is just so sweet that he will stay a whole evening with them so I can get out once a month to be with my VW girls.

**I am thankful that TONIGHT is my VW bible study group. We have such a blast together , studying God's word, talking, laughing and crying, and praying with and for one another.

**And lastly but most importantly -- I am thankful to my LORD who brought this group into my life and will allow me to come home smiling -- having had a wonderful evening out!

If you wanna join Thankful Thursday go on over to see Iris.
Sorry I've been absent this week -- been a crazy busy week but I promise to catch up with you all tomorrow!
Have a good thursday night! I am leaving now for my drive (45 min) to my meeting -- in which I will stop and have supper alone - in the quiet.....and have some peaceful time with my LORD praising him through song and worship!

8 comments:

wyndesnow said...

Thank you for sharing! I am finding that Thankful Thursdays are very enlightening to me. I don't feel so alone in the big world. My boys are 4, 3 and 18 months, I can relate to the good days and the bad. Have a blessed and peaceful evening.

Jen said...

Oh Mindy.... My baby is a 16 year old 5 year old. I know EXACTLY what you are talking about....I even wrote a post about it a while ago.I think it is a 'girl thing'.
My boys were not like that.

Be blessed in your ladies' night out....it helps you refocus and keep going....God is so gracious to give us girlfriends....and husbands who understand and bless that we need our time with the ladies!

Mary said...

You made me laugh...5 yr old going on 16...yes I remember well! Raising kids is an adventure for sure! You are blessed girl. Glad you have a Bible study that's a blessing to you. Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your day.

Denise said...

Bless you, and your precious tender loving heart.

Christine said...

Hope you had a wonderfully refreshing night out! What a blessing after a challenging day!

Deidre said...

I have a 5 year old daughter, too. I completely relate!! Hang in there!

Angie said...

I love 5 going on 16....wait until she is 16 going on 25! They are fun though....but since I'm 45 going on 85 (today at least) sometimes the fun...is not quite as much fun ;)
I loved your blog and ALL of your thankfulness! Have a blessed weekend

Karen said...

I'm glad you had a night out to refresh and regroup! We all need those, but I know I sometimes don't allow myself the time to do it. This was a good reminder! (Hope your middle child is doing better and not sick!) Bless you, Karen