Pages

Monday, June 4, 2007

Southern Belle and proud of it

I found this quiz over at Musings of an Ordinary Girl and thought it would be fun to see if the quiz was right (that r. long i. ght) or wrong. What can I say? I am inside, outside, upside, downside -- Southern through and through and this Georgia peach (transplanted Carolina Girl) is pretty proud of it =).

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The South

That's a Southern accent you've got there. You may love it, you may hate it, you may swear you don't have it, but whatever the case, we can hear it.

The Northeast
The Inland North
The Midland
Philadelphia
The West
Boston
North Central
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hi Mindy

Linked over from a friend of a friend.
I like your blog....fun filled and God filled....two of my favorite things!!!!
So I took the poll as a joke, just to see what it would say.
Turns out I am pretty much 100% North Central....interesting.
As I read what that meant, it said I was probably mistaken for a Canadian a lot....I laughed....I AM Canadian, and I guess I sound like one too!!!
Though I may talk 100% Canadian, I have to say, SOMEONE in my ancestry must have been a TRUE SOUTHERN BELLE....Love all that is personified by that term.
It was fun finding your blog, I'll check in again.
Jen...Southern Belle from Canada

alison said...

Congrats on your true southern accent! I am so disappointed in my results...I may have to "twang" my speech up a little bit so "the south" can be my top accent next time!