Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2007

A Rockin' Reflection? I'm speechless!!!!


I have had one of the busiest days ever!!! It has also been a very emotional day for a lot of reasons but the biggest was that we attended a graveside service for a baby today. That is the saddest thing ever -- ya'll please pray for this precious family as they try to get back to living in the weeks to come. This baby was stillborn and they (as well as all who know them) are heartbroken. Pray special prayers that Our Lord will give them his presence and that they will feel so comforted by HIM in the weeks to come.
We are also headed out of town tomorrow (after church) to go and visit my family in North Georgia. So, I've been packing like a mad woman and unfortunately am now feeling guilty because I (ahem) took my frustrations out on my sweet family today and they didn't deserve that NOT at all!

SO, can I just say that it was the BEST THING EVER when I finally had a moment to sit down and found these sweet awards awaiting me. Ya'll, I am totally undeserving of these awards so, I'm speechless that anybody chose me much less 3 different people.

The first award was this one:



Cyndi, at
One Day More, bestowed this honor on me. I am humbled that I am in any way a reflection of God to this sweet lady. I found her blog early on when I started blogging and she is such an inspiration! If you don't know she has just recently come back from China on a mission trip. That is walking the talk in my book, girls. And it reminds me what I need to do myself.

Denise, at
Shortybear's Place, also honored me with this sweet award. She is doing Lisa's study along with some of you all out there. SHE has been such as source of encouragement through each and EVERY lesson! She always leaves me such sweet comments!
Plus, she lives very very near where I grew up =)!!! And that just warms my heart!

The second award was this one:


Cyndee, at Riezzee's Place, gave me this great honor. This sweet lady is also doing Lisa's I AM study. And I love reading her answers too! She is a special blessing to me because I had no idea that she read my blog. You may be asking how I can like reading her answers to bible study questions and NOT know that she reads my blog. Well, let me just tell ya. I'm a little slow on the uptake. See, even though I have seen comments from Cyndee from time to time - I never put two and two together to get that she went with Riezzee's place.....I know - I know! You can stop laughing now. Thank you so much, sweet Cyndee. I won't miss that you are Riezzee's place again!

I think I am supposed to pass both of these awards along now. There are many, many of you out there who deserve BOTH of these awards but here are a few. SO, know that if you are on my list you are most definitely a Rocking Reflection of God above to me!!!!

Tracey, at Show Me State of Mind, is a rocking reflection to me! She is always encouraging and gives me great advice whenever I'm feeling down. She is a sweet Southern Georgia peach which puts her at the top of my list and I am so blessed to have found her blog and to be able to call her my friend! I also always LOVE seeing the pictures she shares of her son and she and her hubby! SO sweet!

Lisa, at The Preacher's Wife, is family and friend. And if anyone deserves a rocking reflection award, it's her! She is working so hard giving us her online bible study - I AM, so you don't have to be. Lisa, thank you for taking all the time typing up lessons for us. YOU surely deserve this award!

Kim, at Lifesong, is SUCH an inspiration to me. She challenges me in ways that she will never know. Her posts keep me learning new things and seeking to love God and my family the way she does! Because her love for both are apparent on her blog. She also vacationed near my home this past week. We had hoped to get to meet for some coffee. Unfortunately it didn't work out.....maybe some other time!

Deborah, at Deborah's Encouragement, is a true witness! She loves the Lord and you can tell it! Her site is appropriately titled - she is the ultimate encourager! She has friends that she calls Dolla Friends and let me tell you - she makes you feel that you are one of those Dolla friends with every comment she leaves!

And lastly, I have to give this honor back to Cyndi, at One Day More. I share a passion for missions that she has. She was so sweet to think of me on her trip to China. She sent me a sweet bear to remind me to keep on praying, a bookmark that is now in my bible and a beautiful kleenex box cover. The box cover and the bookmark are both being used now and the bear sits on my kitchen counter to remind me to pray....thank you, Cyndi. He also reminds me of you and how much God has blessed me through you!

I cannot tell you how what am amazing gift each of you is to me. The Lord has truly blessed me with each and every one of you who meet me here and talk to me through the great big bloggy world out there. Thanks to each of you from the very bottom of my heart! I am blessed to call you my friends!

If you've not already done so -- play along and pass these awards on to those who are a rockin' reflection for you!

I am not sure how much I will be able to get online next week -- it'll be a busy one. I gotta go finish packing now and go to bed.....
You girls have a blessed week and I will catch up when I can!


4 comments:

Denise said...

Bless you sweet one, you are very deserving of these awards. I will be praying for your friends in their time of sorrow. Enjoy your trip, be safe.

RealEstateGirl said...

Mindy, thanks so much for the sweet comments! I'm so glad that we've developed a friendship too. I believe we are kindred spirits, my dear friend. I think we have struggled with similar issues... but we've got to hang in there as minister's wives, don't we?!... and lean on each other!

Hope you have a great week!

Love ya!
Tracey

Deborah said...

WOW YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AN AWARD! I am humbled thanks dolla, you bless me so. Mindy love I pray that this family find peace and that the Holy Spirit will comfort them, I Know that He is the only true councellor in life. Also Dolla enjoy your trip, and believe me family know mommy doesnt mean to be short with them you will be suprised how much they understand. Have a blessed time, PS its 9 in the evening and I am at hubbies work trying to get him home its freezing here tonight, hot chocolate anyone? love always me

Deidre said...

I visit your blog all the time (you're on my blogroll) and love coming here. Now, I've followed Kim's link have figured out that we must live very close to each other. Weird, isn't it?

Thanks for the links to other blogs on this post. Some of these I adore, but a couple I've never visited before.