Pages

Monday, June 18, 2007

Pondering On...............hope

HI everybody. I hope ya'll had a great father's day with all the special father's in your lives! We had a great weekend!
Ya'll know that God has been leading me to trust him more in the past months and I have pretty much learned that trusting God (or anyone for that matter) is a choice. I choose each day - each moment to trust him.
And I have been praying and making that choice repeatedly over the past months. Well - I've been asking God what else is it? What else is in the way? Why is this trusting so hard for me?
Today HE gave me an answer.
It's hope.
I have a lack of hope. I have to tell you how God revealed this to me today.
I have a group of girls I meet with once a month and we are working our way through Patsy Clairmont's devotional called All Cracked Up. Well today I read a devotional on hope and trust and I thought maybe hope is it - maybe hope is what I lack. Patsy explains that hope is our life preserver in the storms of life.....so I got to thinking. Maybe trust and hope go hand in hand and maybe hope is what I am lacking.
I then moved on to my bible study - The Patriarchs by Beth Moore thinking that my lesson for today on Jacob and Esau would have nothing to do with one another and I would need to come back and ponder on the hope thing later on.
WELL - GOD - he knew. He knew that today was the day HE would reveal to me that hope is what I need more of and both of these lessons would oddly go along that same theme.
I was going along reading this day's work and thinking what a clod Esau really was and how manipulative Jacob was being-- when Beth had me look up Ephesians 1:18 "I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you."
HOPE. There it was again. NOW I KNOW God is telling me something. And part of it is this:
HE -- MY GOD - wants me to hope in HIM!
I have a lot more scripture perusing to do and studying to do on HOPE now since I clearly see this is what God is calling me to work on personally right now. And I believe HE will use you to speak to me too.
SO - here are some questions that I would love your feedback on --

1. DO hope and trust go together in your opinion? HOW so or why not?
2.What is this hope that God is calling me to have? How do you define hope?

I will be looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this.....If I knew how I'd create a mr. linky thing but since probably not many folks will have an opinion -- it is probably better to save myself the humiliation of having no names on it! I would honestly LOVE your feed back on this ! TIA!

1 comment:

The Preacher's Wife said...

i always say God speaks in themes...sounds like yours for now is HOPE! :))

Lisa