Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2007

conversation with my girl....

My three little girls are going tomorrow morning to visit with some friends for a few days. I am glad that they get to go and have a good time with friends but I always get a little sad right before they go ( and when I am lonely at home after I drop them off). So, this morning the 3 of them were laying in my bed with me and this was the conversation. All 3 of them were there but only 1 of them was talking to me at this point.

Me: "I am going to miss you all so much this week. What am I going to do?"

M: (middle daughter who is 3): "You'll have Daddy."

Me: "Yes, but he works all day long. What will I do during the day without you girls? I will be all by myself."

M: "No you won't. You'll have God."

Right there. THAT is a sermon in itself isn't it? I WILL have God. And isn't that supposed to be the most important thing of all?!!? He is always with me. Always my comfort and my sustainer. Always my friend and my companion. HE IS my all in all!

6 comments:

NspiredByFaith said...

Sounds like you've got yourself a smart girl there! I hope you have a great week!

blackpurl said...

what a great reminder!
Alida

Jen said...

"out of the mouths of babes...."

Simple truth, I love that about kids!
Enjoy your quiet time, it'll be busy soon enough ; )

RealEstateGirl said...

out of the mouth of babes! So true!

Ginger said...

I can just see her looking at you with those big blue eyes while she is saying that!! Love it!!

Christine said...

Wow, kids just have such hearts for the simple truths! Beautiful!