Pages

Friday, June 22, 2007

I AM - Lesson 8

I am a little late doing this study this week but it is never too late, I say. If you are interested in joining go on over to Lisa's blog - The Preacher's Wife and link up!

1. Have you ever been in a situation where you had to 'go back' to a place of shame or ridicule? How did that make you feel? Although I cannot think of an example right now, I am SURE that I have had to go back to a place of shame and ridicule and it makes me feel small even thinking about it.

2. Is there any circumstance in your life that still has you running for cover? Share if you feel comfortable. As odd as it may seem to most I have been running from dying. I, in the past year, have had a very REAL bout with anxiety and panic attacks and that has led to a fear of dying. For a while I could totally see why someone would become agoraphobic because I could have holed up at home and not gone anywhere because the FEAR is paralyzing.

3. When is the last time you felt like an overcomer? I feel like I have come along way in this anxiety stuff and even though I have far to go - I am still an overcomer. I have written out a whole lot of scripture s on my truth cards on what my LORD has to say about fear and I am learning them so that I can fight with HIS words in the battlefield of my mind.

4. If you have not yet taken the serpent by the tail, are you willing to stop running, take hold and trust God to transform it into a tool for wonders? I have days that are really good when I have taken the serpent by the tail and then there are days when I am still running..... I desperately WANT to take hold - hang on - and trust God to transform this stuff for HIS good.

5. I would like for you to write down this statement based on 1 John 2:14 somewhere you will see it often this week: "I am strong, the Word of God abides in me, and I have overcome the evil one." Memorize it. Say it over and over until you believe it. Will you do this?? Most of the time, there are no right or wrong answers, but on this one, I'm expecting a 'yes'! yes.

That's about it for today girls. See ya soon!

6 comments:

Karen said...

I feel like I'm being nosy by commenting on your answers to your Bible study! But I just wanted to say that I can, on one level, relate to your anxiety attacks. One night several months ago, I woke up in the middle of the night and basically had a panic/anxiety attack. I had never done that before and really don't know what was the cause of it--well, as I typed that, I think it was in the middle of a really ugly church situation which was STRESSFUL. So I guess I do know what caused it. Anyway, it was a very scary feeling and I was almost ready for Mark to take me to the emergency room because I just could not breathe very well. So I feel for you and your struggle. Bless you for being so transparent and for working to overcome. God is faithful and will see you through this. God will put someone in your path one of these days that will need to hear your story and hear of your victory over your anxiety attacks, and you will be such a blessing to them. Have a great weekend! Karen

Denise said...

Bless you for sharing your honest heart, I am praying for you sweety. God loves you so very much, He will always be with you in the fearful times, hold on.

Dana said...

Mindy,I so understand your anixety about dying - I have gone through that too, espeically having little ones and the "what would happen to them." We really have no one in our lives right now that we trust to raise them - no one! So that causes me great anxiety. But I know God is in control and I have to trust him as soverign.

I appreaciated your answers! Thanks for sharing them..Your always a blessing to me.

NspiredByFaith said...

Mindy! Your honesty is such a blessing! Thank you so much! You hang in there and I know that with God's help, you'll beat this!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Deedra

Nise' said...

Mindy, I empathize and understand what you are going through with these panic attacks. It took alot of time with the Lord, scripture memorization and prayer for me to not be afraid of them. I still have them, but when they hit, my reaction is, oh its you again, and pray the truth. I also began to have a real healing when I confronted that fear of death and asked myself if this was the worst that can happen to me? If I die, I go to heaven. Confronting that fear took its power away. Praying for you my sister!

Etta said...

Thank you for your honesty, Mindy. You are such a blessing.