I am a little late doing this study this week but it is never too late, I say. If you are interested in joining go on over to Lisa's blog - The Preacher's Wife and link up!
1. Have you ever been in a situation where you had to 'go back' to a place of shame or ridicule? How did that make you feel? Although I cannot think of an example right now, I am SURE that I have had to go back to a place of shame and ridicule and it makes me feel small even thinking about it.
2. Is there any circumstance in your life that still has you running for cover? Share if you feel comfortable. As odd as it may seem to most I have been running from dying. I, in the past year, have had a very REAL bout with anxiety and panic attacks and that has led to a fear of dying. For a while I could totally see why someone would become agoraphobic because I could have holed up at home and not gone anywhere because the FEAR is paralyzing.
3. When is the last time you felt like an overcomer? I feel like I have come along way in this anxiety stuff and even though I have far to go - I am still an overcomer. I have written out a whole lot of scripture s on my truth cards on what my LORD has to say about fear and I am learning them so that I can fight with HIS words in the battlefield of my mind.
4. If you have not yet taken the serpent by the tail, are you willing to stop running, take hold and trust God to transform it into a tool for wonders? I have days that are really good when I have taken the serpent by the tail and then there are days when I am still running..... I desperately WANT to take hold - hang on - and trust God to transform this stuff for HIS good.
5. I would like for you to write down this statement based on 1 John 2:14 somewhere you will see it often this week: "I am strong, the Word of God abides in me, and I have overcome the evil one." Memorize it. Say it over and over until you believe it. Will you do this?? Most of the time, there are no right or wrong answers, but on this one, I'm expecting a 'yes'! yes.
That's about it for today girls. See ya soon!