Today we began a new chapter of the I AM- so you don't have to be study. And, girls, go on over to The Preacher's Wife right now and link up! It is a good one -- YOU will be blessed!
SO, without further ado. Here are my answers to the questions.
1. On a scale of 1 to 10, rate yourself on how often your conversation is seasoned with the works of the Lord on your behalf? If you speak very little of Him, is there a reason you know of? If you speak often, how do people respond? UMMM, I'd have to say that for I talk about God a lot - so in that area I'd say it is about a 7 (there's always room for improvement). NOW - how much of that conversation is about the works of the Lord on my behalf? That one is not as good .......maybe a 3. That is humbling. I think the problem is in realizing the works of the Lord in my life.....I AM getting better at this though......ask me again in a few months hopefully I will be able to say a 5 - and growing!
2. Have you experienced a Set Up for a Show Up when you were uncertain whether the situation was the chastisement of the Lord or a temptation of Satan? Sure I have.....I think it is necessary to do some thinking and praying to figure it out. The situation I am in now? I believe it to be Satan trying to keep a Spirit of Fear in me but I also believe God is using it to teach me (chastise me for my lack of?) trust, hope, focus only on HIM. SO maybe it can be both?
3. Have you ever or are you now experiencing any Job trials where you can still not identify any wrong-doing on your part?I don't know about this one......I think that as a sinner there may not be anything that I've done blatantly wrong but maybe there is something I need to learn that I wasn't doing before......this is going to take more pondering.
4. Apply this principle: How can my response make my God famous? Will obedience result in my sanctification and God's Glory? My response can either make God famous or make the world more famous.....I can choose to out loud - in front of other's trust my God so people can see it so that when HE answers (and he will answer) they can see that I trusted God and HE answered me then HE is famous! My obedience will most definitely lead to me own sanctification - what better than to fully be trusting, loving and focusing on HIM? and that will give HIM glory!
5. Does the origin of our affliction matter in view of the fame God can gain from it? I don't know about this one........looking forward to other's answers!
Thanks so much Lisa for hosting and leading us in the great study!